Solicitors holding surplus money

Juicyluce
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

my house was repossessed in April last year and sold in the July. After a long wait and lots of messing about it finally completed in February and the new people moved in.

The surplus amount after all was paid off has still not been paid to me and the solicitors keep Fobbing me off with diff reasons every time I call.

The main reason given was they were waiting for a stair casing document from the housing association. When I called the housing association legal team the told me everything was sent and it wouldn’t of completed without these documents. When I called the mortgage solicitors back and asked again they told me they were still waiting for it. So how can they completed the sale and pay off the mortgage provider and the housing association but withhold my money?

Today I called again and they said they have received  the document today but need to send it to some other department.

The buyers have been living in the house for over a month now and all have been paid except me. 
They also said they sent a breakdown of all the transactions to me but sent to the old address so now I have to email them permission to send to me again at my new address.

I haven’t had any information sent and they never call me back. I have been chasing this everyday now and still getting no where. 
Any advice would be greatly appreciated 

Thank you