Paypal Credit and Paypal Pickle...

Routemaster99
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1537 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'll try and make this is as concise as possible.

I have a PayPal account which has a PayPal credit account on it and about half way through last year I sold an item on Ebay which the buyer paid through PayPal to me and they did a dirty trick and PayPal did a charge back but were unable to get the funds back from my bank account because of insufficient funds.

They attempted to get the funds on numerous occasions before giving up and then they locked out my PayPal account and because of this I can no longer use my PayPal credit or see any of the information relating to that which includes the statements.

What started happening was the day after my PayPal credit payment was due they would start phoning (always 3 times a day for some reason)  and I would call them up and pay the amount they requested and that was fine. 

Then one day it occurred to me that PP are calling up and saying my bill is late and to pay it now but they aren't ever sending me any statements I have no clue what my balance is, what the minimum amount I need to pay is or when the payment day actually is!

the next time they called up,

I spoke to them and said I'm not paying unless you send me a statement (which i said I am sure was actually a legal requirement).

the response was that the statement is online and I can view it there

I told the guy several times that I can't log in because PP have locked down my account.

His response was that I needed to contact customer services as PP Credit and PP are two different companies.

After spending an hour on hold to PayPal and not being able to speak with anyone because they couldn't verify my phone number (Which is amazing as they'd called me up on it enough) I gave up trying to contact their useless customer services.

After a month of the 3 calls a day from PayPal credit (most of which were recorded announcements) I called them back and again requested a paper statement and to be contacted by letter only. To be told again that statements are online only and I got quite irate with them to be honest at this point.

The phone calls that I asked them to stop making didn't and they've continued to call three times every day (except Sundays) since.

Because I have refused to pay them they have now started to send out a letter each month saying that a £12 fee has been added and a statement! 

Then on Wednesday this week without any warning I got a notification on my credit file that PP Credit have placed a default on my file.

Can anyone advise what steps to take?

I think I was within my rights to ask for paper statements from the outset because I couldn't log into my account and the fact they also ignored my request on how to communicate with myself.

you've fallen victim to the oldest trick in the book

sell an item and once received the buyer then uses chargeback to recoup their outlay .

nothing to do with PP doing the chargeback at all.

now quite how that chargeback, which is against your S.A.R.L EU paypal balance, then creates a debt against your Paypal UK credit account and causes that to be in debit in another matter and one I don't quite understand, unless you've confused your yourself here.

a negative S.A.R.L EU paypal balance cannot show on your credit file.

I would suggest that the debts on both are not linked, and your current Paypal UK credit account debt is nothing to do with the EU account fraud balance ,  but was debt you already had through previous usage on it and you were paying it off, but because you can't access your PP accounts full stop, you didn't know what was owed so didn't pay them , hence a now a credit file report has appeared.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What he is saying is that due to Paypal not  being able to reclaim the chargeback, he can no longer view his credit account statements and balance. This is because once your balance is negative for a certain time they close the account.

He made some payments after being hounded by phone, but these payments have not been applied correctly to his credit account. It's probable the phone calls were about the neg balance and not credit. So his credit account has now defaulted.

They should have sent you a letter (they did with me) warning of default to come and if not I think you can appeal on these grounds? I'm no expert but others here are...