Council Tax - Property Band

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1538 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

We applied for for an alteration to our council tax banding and received a letter stating that this was unsuccessful as the proposal was not made within the time period.

Letter stated

We can only accept your proposal as valid if :

1.  If you were the council taxpayer on 1 April 93 you had until 30 November 1993 to make a proposal    

or

2. If you became the council taxpayer  of an existing property after 31 May 1993 you had 6 months from date you became the taxpayer

3. If you became the council taxpayer as a new property you had 6 months from the date of issue of the notice of banding to make a proposal

4.  Where an appeal decision which is a relevant decision has been made,  a proposal may be lodged within 6 months of that decision

We moved into our property in 2007.

We found a valuation certificate dated May 1991 for £51000 as well as title deeds

Our property is a band E although due to the price value in 1991 The Nationwide website states it should be a band D

All my neighbours are the same band E

Is there any way to appeal their decision as I have read successful stories (and some not) as it seems that the 6 months time limit would be missed by a large majority of people,  or am I missing something.

Thanks

Ok cheers.  So if I send copies as proof of value in 1991 would this support my claim.  

There are 13 houses in my street and half of them also have proof of their house values in 1991/ 1993.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/02/2020 at 22:02, dr fox said:

Ok cheers.  So if I send copies as proof of value in 1991 would this support my claim.  

There are 13 houses in my street and half of them also have proof of their house values in 1991/ 1993.

If you have proof it will certainly assist.