CCA's all over the show?

adridude
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1548 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've had a myriad of debt companies contact me about two debts which I disputed about 4 years ago. I sent them the 'prove it' letter and they responded with 'they were unable to provide... however we can still make a payment arrangement...'...

Because of that I've intentionally left them behind and ignored them, but since I've just moved, I've had this rise from the dead.

I have no idea how this happened as the only public record of me should be the edited register. I've double confirmed with my local council that I'm on that register and not the open one.

My questions are:

• Should I give them the light of day? They're appearing on my credit file now, without waking the dead and resetting the 6 year limit, how do I best resolve this?
  • How do I question how they came about my data? They got ahold of me before my local council did?
  • If they did get my details by devious means, can I do anything about it other than log a complaint with the ICO?
  • If the dead do rise, can I backdate the interest (39.9% on one of them) all those years and turn the tables?

Regards,

Ade

you should never move without informing your debt owners of a move.

hiding is the WORST thing you can do.

Debt Buyers have CSL membership so can see the hidden register details on your credit file

you've been here as long as me we have never said hide.

the prove it letter is not worth the paper it is written on IMHO, 

what are the debts please...

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Looks like I better start the process all over again.

I ended up in a "loop" when it came to the prove it letter as someone managed to get past my call blocking and they literally didn't give a care about it being proven, so the conversation was going nowhere... I drew a line under them then.

Whats the best way forward? Send another "prove it" and start all over again or are there alternative routes?

Prove letter is bogroll forget it

whats the debt please?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...