Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 469 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

31 minutes ago, citizenB said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-52530518

Apparently this explains what we can and cannot do from today.. Scotland and Wales have different ideas and rules. 

Ryan Air does not seem to care and will be stuffing passengers in all of its seats on 40% of its planes !! 

Really? I think I read that you have to wear a mask but even so...

Illegitimi non carborundum

It's crazy, TJ. We've said for a while that strategic testing is the way to know where the outbreaks are, rather then scattergun. It's a missed opportunity.

I don't understand about just letting people arrive in the country with no checks either, unless that's changed.

22 minutes ago, brassnecked said:

Simple answer don't download the "All your data belong to us" app in the first place.

Is it true that you can't ask for your data to be deleted? I think I read that in the last few days.

This is very funny and also very sad.

Bozo has a briefing about Covid which he doesn't totally listen to and at the end he asks who is responsible for implementing the new plan. In a Yes Minister moment, Mark Sedwill says 'It's you, Prime Minister'.

I hope everyone can read this. I can and I'm not a subscriber.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/coronavirus-boris-johnson-and-civil-service-chief-sir-mark-sedwill-clash-over-action-plan-g05tx5256

The Sunday Times had an article about care homes in the Covid crisis yesterday. I'm posting a link that shows the start of the article but sadly it has a paywall at the moment. The first couple of paragraphs don't read well though

@anandMenon1 tweeted a bit more of it.

'The government was asleep at the wheel. We were sent a public health document on March 13, which said that if any of our residents got significantly ill, they wouldn't be allowed into hospital and would have to die in their home. We've never read anything like it.

Elderly people weren't a priority. The government's thinking was: care homes won't be affected. But if anything, the war on Covid is happening in care homes, not just the NHS. The government is boasting about how well it did in protecting the NHS, but the reality is deaths in care homes.

Ministers added care home deaths to the figures only two weeks ago. Until then I was screaming at people, saying the figures were rubbish. And we still haven't got a robust testing system. It's ridiculous.'

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/thanks-to-nhs-managers-ive-now-got-two-care-homes-infected-with-covid-19-xk2n8f6nx

• Thanks 1

Captain Tom to Colonel Tom and now he's going to be Sir Tom. Wonderful news.

The article says HMG want to recognise unsung heroes of the NHS in due course. They could try having a word with Priti Useless who doesn't seem to want carers coming into the country from our nearest neighbours and is charging them hundreds of pounds a year to use the very NHS that they're helping to keep going.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/19/beacon-of-light-capt-tom-moore-to-be-knighted

• Thanks 1

In reply to post #676

One minister more or less admitted that, didn't he, yesterday or today? I'm thinking of the comment about needing to protect the NHS and as I understood it that meant prioritising PPE for them, at the expense of the care homes.

OK, there wasn't enough to go round but what would have happened if the government hadn't wasted weeks when it did nothing about ordering supplies?

• Like 1

Tragically, the UK government has squandered much of the precious eight weeks bought at such great social and economic cost. The question now is whether it is willing to admit mistakes and do what’s really needed to suppress the virus "

Exactly. I won't be holding my breath about them admitting mistakes.

• Thanks 1

Here's an interview with John Ashton, who told Stephen Barclay a few home truths on BBC Question Time. He's medical adviser to Bahrain and helped them organise for Covid. He's talking about pitfalls the UK should avoid when contact tracing.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/20/pitfalls-the-uk-needs-to-avoid-when-contact-tracing-for-coronavirus-john-ashton

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 469 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks