Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 468 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I agree with testing, TJ, as clearly the WHO do. But as I understand it there is meant to be a strategy around it so that test results help the outbreak to be managed to best effect.

The WHO's test, test, test recommendation may be a bit short on detail.

Illegitimi non carborundum

35 minutes ago, cjcregg said:

To be fair there wasn't too many countries where it wasn't a 'mess', just look at what happened in US, Russia and indeed China.

For the leaders of any nation this was always going to be impossible to manage without making mistakes along the way. 

35 minutes ago, cjcregg said:

Yes and no. People keep mentioning the exercise that was carried out in 2016 of how to cope with a respiratory virus and from what I'm reading, plan didn't result from that. The UK has been following an influenza plan.

6 minutes ago, cjcregg said:

So hardly a game changer then.

We're already doing what we should be doing ie locking down and self isolating. 

Apart from the people who are reportedly arriving at their holiday homes in the West Country and possibly other places and could be taking the virus with them.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/04/07/second-home-owners-accused-sneaking-cover-darkness-coronavirus/

I think the lockdown will go on at least until the end of April. France is just under a week ahead of you and Macron is making another announcement tomorrow evening. People are expecting two weeks or longer after the end of the current lockdown on 15th April.

From Richard Horton of the Lancet on Twitter earlier.

It’s wrong to say we don’t have an exit strategy from lockdown. We do. What is missing are the plans for its implementation: surveillance, early detection, isolation, contact tracing, monitoring CFR, social mixing, and real time estimates of Ro. These questions should be asked.

A group of professors, medics and journalists have grouped together to make The Covid Report on youtube. I don't think I can link to it, but if you can't find it, look at Carole Cadwalladr's Twitter feed for a link. @carolecadwalla

They include the chair of the Commons health select committee and an ex-member of the WHO, looking at how the government is handling the epidemic and what we aren't beiing told.

I'm very sad to hear that two comedians, Tim Brooke-Taylor of the Goodies and I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue and Eddie Large of Little and Large have both succumbed to Covid.

Plus of course all the less well known people who should also be mentioned and remembered every day.

Absolutely we should produce our own. But then you have UK manufacturers saying that the government has ignored their offers of help. They really don't seem to have done much before 1st April.

I've also read a headline today [can't remember where atm] about the UK still exporting PPE to Europe.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 468 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks