Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 452 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You're right about there being more epidemics in Europe, TJ. My parents had me innoculated for anything that was on offer and I've been fine.

I had measles when I was little, before there was a vaccination and it's scary to hear that people can die from it.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Without wishing to sound condescending, I've added a post to the new NHS forum thread about coronavirus and how to protect ourselves [no discussions on there please, we have this thread].

I hadn't visited anyone who was seriously ill for a long time and when my father was in a kidney ward a few years ago, I discovered the hygiene regulations that the hospital ward had for before you went in. They were far more thorough than the last time I went to a hospital and it was an education.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't pretend to understand all this stuff and exactly how the virus is transmitted, but I've wondered if it's a good idea to keep people somewhere with an air circulation system. The people kept on the cruise ship seem to be transmitting it to each other.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/feb/18/global-health-experts-question-cruise-ship-coronavirus-quarantine-measures

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking back to this sad but inspiring story the other day, the village of Eyam in Derbyshire during the plague. Article from the Guardian about whether people now will or would be selfless during a pandemic.

• Like 1

And less depressing, Emma Barnett trying her best to get the truth from Theresa Villiers. I feel sorry for Emma, she did her best. :) Scroll down past the photos at the top to the video.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/mp-theresa-villiers-refused-to-say-no-deal-in-bbc-brexit-interview-1-6535892

Last one from me. It's not often I agree with George Osborne, but I think he has a point in his tweet earlier today. Boris has got round to convening Cobra at least.

'The British Government now needs to go onto a ‘war footing’ with the coronavirus: daily NHS press briefings, regular COBRA meetings chaired by the PM, Ministers on all major media shows. The public is fearful, wants information and needs to know their leaders have got a grip.'

I fixed your link, TJ.

It's starting to sound like what Pippa Crerar from The Mirror said.

'Ministers and officials are considering the trade-off between allowing an acute outbreak, from which the economy would rebound more quickly, or trying to save more lives by imposing restrictions on mass gatherings and transport.'

https://twitter.com/pippacrerar?lang=en

• Thanks 1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 452 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks