Mutating Corona Virus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 467 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Will leave this one here, whether it adds to discussion it might be of interest to see  how the narrative is going in MSM.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Still testing positive on day 5, so will need to test again later.  Feeling a bit better, not coughing and breathing improved.

@brassnecked interesting issues being raised about immune system.

I don't think we know enough about Covid.  A few people I know who got Covid when they were unvaccinated, now have long Covid impacts.  They are struggling to breath and cannot do very much physically. 

And it appears that many people who get Covid, but then recover, continue to experience poor health for a period afterwards.  I am hearing of people with constant headaches, tiredness, brain fog, going on weeks after they have had negative tests.

• I agree 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

.. see where @BN gets the weird perspectives from

What a one sided blatent POS from GBN + BN there. Surprised it didn't get hit by covid misinformation rules.

Why trust doctors and science, when you can trust the internets:

blithering idiots, think tank shills, client journalists, disinformation bots and trolls

“The fossil fuel industry is feasting on subsidies and windfall profits

while household budgets shrink and our planet burns"

UN secretary general Antonio Guterres

Hopefully you are over the worse of it UB,   don't think we do know enough, it does seem very selective in some ways how people are affected, it does smack of being a bioengineered pathogen in some respects. We must continue to be vigilant and take what measure s we can to keep safe

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Probably as Neil Oliver did present both sides, it didn't breach any guidelines, and that's the problem TJ, I sometimes chuck a curve ball just so we can s look at both sides and try to see the situation holistically, its obvious the vaccines have done a great job, but its not a complete panacea, other measures will  still be needed to keep it in check moving forward, I am a strong supporter of discussion and debate using all the available data and evidence from both sides. 

• I agree 1

From a risk point of view is it probably a good thing that x percentage were not vaccinated against Covid.

Over the years there have been errors made, which have not been realised for years.

I am pro vaccination and have some confidence in experts that they have developed safe vaccines. But if there is a small percentage chance that there were unknown issues, which later led to the vaccines causing consequential health problems, then to ensure survival of the human race, it may be wise to have say 10% or more unvaccinated.

And for how long will Governments keep providing vaccination boosters ?  I have had 2 x Astra Zenica and 1 x Pfizer booster, plus now I have had Covid.  So what is next ?  A booster in Autumn 2022 ?

• I agree 1

39 minutes ago, brassnecked said:

Hopefully you are over the worse of it UB,   don't think we do know enough, it does seem very selective in some ways how people are affected, it does smack of being a bioengineered pathogen in some respects.

No, it doesn't

There are none of the markers which would be associated with a human engineered virus, and all the markers of a nature abused created one (habitats interacting which didn't)

The only human engineering involved is habitat invasion and illegal rare animals transport and trade

39 minutes ago, brassnecked said:

We must continue to be vigilant and take what measure s we can to keep safe

Yes, we should, especially against total crap spun by the likes of GB newspin

blithering idiots, think tank shills, client journalists, disinformation bots and trolls

27 minutes ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

From a risk point of view is it probably a good thing that x percentage were not vaccinated against Covid.

Over the years there have been errors made, which have not been realised for years.

I am pro vaccination and have some confidence in experts that they have developed safe vaccines. But if there is a small percentage chance that there were unknown issues, which later led to the vaccines causing consequential health problems, then to ensure survival of the human race, it may be wise to have say 10% or more unvaccinated.

With millions infected there are going to be a very few who 'get shingles' or have a heart murmur when they get ill - perhaps more likely because they spend to long indoors and sedentary, or are unlucky enough to be one of the 0.0001% who would react badly to a complex set of circumstances.

That people like GB news and the relatively few supporters seek out these handfuls and try to sell them as a 'norm' is the real issue.

The very noisy minority with someone with an agenda paying for it to be broadcast.

27 minutes ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

And for how long will Governments keep providing vaccination boosters ?  I have had 2 x Astra Zenica and 1 x Pfizer booster, plus now I have had Covid.  So what is next ?  A booster in Autumn 2022 ?

Yep

.. with new variants which bypass prior vaccination or infection resistance, - because thats what the mutating Corona virus does

- just like the cold and flu viruses - on steroids

Edited by tobyjugg2

Its a jab a year at least TJ.  You cannot eliminate all risk what ever you do.  Its the Risk/Benefit ration again. Will need other treatments to help with infections, so can't just be vaccines as they found out.

Anyway that's me done  I like to look an more than one angle to see what if any realistic alternatives. I am pro personal choice definitely not anti vaccine, no reason why someone shouldn't have a treatment or vaccine if they want it. as UB says some will remain unvaccinated so could they  be seen as the Control Group long term as they are still i=under an Emergency Authorisation?.

• I agree 1

The saying "don't put all of your eggs in one basket" is mostly true.

A variety of vaccines/treatments and some unvaccinated. It is just Government could never have asked some people, mostly young with no health conditions, to not have vaccinations.

1 hour ago, brassnecked said:

Probably as Neil Oliver did present both sides,

The odd minimal mention of one side while giving free reign to an extreme position doesn't qualify as presenting both sides let alone all side @BN

it didn't breach any guidelines,

Carefully managed to avoid breaches by the narrowest margin .. perhaps ..

and that's the problem TJ, I sometimes chuck a curve ball just so we can s look at both sides

Looking forward to seeing those rather than presenting the nutter/extremist end

Perhaps Farage on global cooling next?

and try to see the situation holistically, its obvious the vaccines have done a great job, but its not a complete panacea, other measures will  still be needed to keep it in check moving forward,

Yes

I am a strong supporter of discussion and debate using all the available data and evidence from both sides. 

For balance

https://stopfundinghate.info/2021/06/14/gb-news-advertisers/

Edited by tobyjugg2

On Youtube, Dr John Campbell has a following of over 2 million.   He goes through the information provided in scientific studes/reports and tries to provide a balanced viewpoint.    However, reading the comments, you will find antivaxxers taking some of the information as justifying their views.

People read or hear the same information, but they will then have totally different understanding of the topics. 

At least in the UK, we have media who can challenge politicians, rather than Russia where what Putin says goes unchallenged, as oppenents don't tend to have long life expectancy. 

so does anyone want a sensible discussion on vaccines and shingles?

Rather than what does seem just another excuse to promote far right sources? (apologies in advance if that is ever shown to be a mistaken view)

There are VERY limited links between old style vaccines (aka not mRNA) and a bout of shingles,

and VASTLY more associated with stress AND ACTUAL ILLNESS' OF ALL TYPES including COVID

A starter for 10 to set a credible baseline:

"As of April 26, 2021, there have been 146,841,882 confirmed cases of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) including 3,104,743 deaths worldwide as per World Health Organization coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) report. Also, a total of 933,878,667 vaccine doses have been administered [1]. The inactivated COVID-19 vaccines are authorized for use in some countries including Turkey which started vaccination program in January 2021. Most commonly reported adverse effects of the inactivated vaccines are injection site pain, fever, headache, nausea, vomiting, etc. [2].

Emerging evidence suggests that majority of cases only exhibit mild to moderate symptoms, whereas 15% of COVID-19 cases progress to pneumonia, and approximately 5% of these cases develop acute respiratory distress syndrome, septic shock, and/or multiple organ failure [3,4].

Some associated cutaneous findings are also reported as maculopapular eruptions, morbilliform rashes, urticaria, chickenpox-like lesions, livedo reticularis, COVID toes, erythema multiforme, and pityriasis rosea [5].

Here, we report an unusual case of varicella-zoster virus (VZV) reactivation in a 68-year-old male patient who was vaccinated against COVID-19.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8217581/

Edited by tobyjugg2

.. Of course the GBNutters will claim as that doesn't (quite) 100% prove its not the case - so claim they are vindicated in presenting their HS.

Of course, little is truly arguable as 100% surety

- perhaps except that the right wing press will NOT be fair and unbiased in their reporting

- - and that you can be darned sure that demonstrable liars/misleaders aren't EVER worth believing or basing any perspectives or decisions on.

Now theres a suitable title for Johnson - Mis'leader of the country

That's one misleader we can all agree on, the greased piglet.  So anyone centre or one degree right  of Corbyn is going to be singing the Horst Wessel Lied?  As to Farage, he is a noisemaker and rabble rouser, and not worth a tap.

• I agree 1

Depends on the use of the term Fascism

I see the far left and the far right as little different in reality, accept that there are some valid arguments that Far right is better for a nation than far left. Both are effectively dictatorships and populism is far closer to both than to democracy.

All deeply mired in cronyism.

If we are having a dictator - I'll support Sturgeon.

Perfect - not at all, but seems by Faaaaaaar the best of the local bunch.

11 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:Here, we report an unusual case of varicella-zoster virus (VZV) reactivation in a 68-year-old male patient who was vaccinated against COVID-19.

Good grief! A case report (a SINGLE case) from early/mid 2021, of a case of shingles……

No data on how many other cases of shingles for the groups of

a) the unvaccinated

b) the recently vaccinated

c) those vaccinated some time previously.

Without that data, how do we know if They may have been going to get shingles anyway?

The vaccine might have raised their chance of shingles by a tiny amount (but still better to have that than severe COVID)!

Whats next? Observing that someone recently vaccinated has won £10 on the national lottery, and suggesting that there may be a link and it needs further study …. Someone must have been pretty desperate to get a research publication!

23 hours ago, unclebulgaria67 said:

Still testing positive on day 5, so will need to test again later.  Feeling a bit better, not coughing and breathing improved.

Daughter in law was feeling crap, and worse by the day for 5/6 days while testing negative with lfts (thought it was flu)

Then lfts tested positive confirmed with PCR

Then really ill for 5-6 days, and in the last 48 hours the 'infected' line got fainter until it wasn't visible (same lfts)  

Is now testing negative on daily basis and going out but very weak and very washed out

Interesting that pos line on lfts got VERY wide after the first post test, as was also reported by someone else we know who tested pos recently

• Sad 1

Must be very individual.  

Amount of exposure to virus and how well equipped  their immune system is. 

'well equipped' immune system is an interesting term.

Lets not forget that 'overly' robust immune responses can be very bad (often worse than a weaker response) and include massive inflammatory responses/cytokine storms

The more you look, the more you see what an absolutely incredible balancing act the immune system maintains.

Edited by tobyjugg2

Don't know about other places, but Supermarkets completely out or Very low on diesel here after panic buying.

I've just tested positive this morning, 1st time, had both jabs and booster.

Felt a bit unwell on Saturday with flu like symptoms and lower back pain, I've worked all the way through the Pandemic even delivering and collecting Covid samples and taking them to the labs in Glasgow.

I still wear a mask when I'm out on my run as I have to go into Banks, Building Societies, HMRC offices and DWP.

I'm just back from getting a PCR test as I need one for my work, should get the result tomorrow.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

A team of microbiologist led by Professor Yuen Kwok-yung based the findings on a study of testicular and hormonal changes in hamsters infected by the coronavirus.

The infected hamsters suffered from acute decrease in sperm count and serum testosterone, which is a male sex hormone, the researchers said. They said the hamsters' testicles also became smaller and lighter.

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/component/k2/1634785-20220220.htm

Decided to get a PCR test this afternoon and will get the result back in 24/48 hours.

Reading the Gov.uk info, it still suggests getting a PCR  if you can.

Any one heard of PCR's coming back with a different result to LFT's ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 467 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks