friends Basic state pension - help?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've not had a chance to research this properly but I'm not sure if the arrears that have accrued would be treated in the same way as a deferred pension, opted for by a pensioner.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi HPM,

What I'm saying is that, for tax purposes, I'm not sure that arrears (accrued because the pension simply was not claimed when it could/should have been)

would be treated in the same way as a lump sum (paid because a pensioner elected to defer the pension for a later lump sum and higher weekly amount).

This concerns YF's own pension, and that of his late wife.

I think YF will become "visible" to HMRC and need to fill in tax returns declaring all income including pensions, investment and property income.

If he is not living here for more than 6 months of a tax year, the issue of Residency for Tax Purposes may need to be addressed and decided on by HMRC.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 3 months later...

Good to hear how this was resolved and thanks for the update.

• Like 1

Hi HPM,

Wow, that's a great result.

Any Site Donation would be appreciated, thanks.