Sofology recliner wrecked my carpet.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1610 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure how to proceed with resolving my problem.

We purchased 2 reclining sofas from Sofology 2 years ago. We  recently decided to change our living room configuration and on relocating the  1st sofa I discovered that the 4 part  reclining mechanism had put 4 deep grooves in my 3 old carpet. The damage is so deep it has gone as far as the carpet backing. I moved the 2nd sofa and the damage done is the same.

There was no warning on any paraphernalia on the sofas nor had we been informed of the possibility of this happening by the Sofology salesman.

To prevent this damage being done I would have had to raise the sofas up off the carpet by at least an inch......but who Knew.

I will appreciate any advice goin forward. Thank You 

Well this certainly is different from the usual problems which we receive in respect of sofas supplied by this company.

I think that you are going to have to get an independent opinion to confirm that the damage has been caused by a design fault inherent in the sofa or else that the sofa that you have received is faulty.

I'm not sure who would give that opinion to you – and you may have to pay for it – but if you can get a professional person who is prepared to give you an opinion in writing – and preferably a second independent person as well then I think you have a very good chance of claiming compensation for the damage.

How much are you talking about here?

Are there any particular aspects of the carpet which might have invited the problem? For instance, is the carpet particularly deep? Although you say that the damage is so deep that it has penetrated the carpet backing or underlay. Has it damaged the floor? Have you noticed any particular characteristics of the sofa which of course this which you might not normally have expected to find in similar sofas?

Have you looked around the Internet to see if there are others who have experienced the same problem?

Make sure you get lots of photos of everything – the damage, the sofas, the particular part of the mechanism which has caused the damage – et cetera. Make sure they are good clear well lit photos.