Resolvecall

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1618 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been on here many times and have always got great advice, so here I am again. 

I was with Payplan since 2006 and with my debts appearing to get bigger with them, 

and my ill health,

I decided to leave them.   

Several of the creditors wrote off my debts, 

which was a relief,

but after a year or so of peace,

I have had a couple of characters calling at my door from Resolvecall  my sister told them to get off our property and don't  come back.

I have phoned the police as I work in a government agency with a high security level. 

I rang the police who rang back to tell me Resolvecall are a legitimate company and can call at your door twice in the last couple of days. 

I said they rang the bell and then started banging on my glass door,,

police just said that I should phone Resolvecall, and ended the call.

I am very frightened of these callers as there is one of me and two of them.   

I have no knowledge of any debt owed and they will not give me any information but want me to ring someone on their mobile. 

I contacted Payplan and they have no record of any debt with the reference number Resolvecall gave me.

I have nowhere to turn and even the police are not interested and said it wasn't a police matter.

LilythePink

If you liked what I said, and if it helped in any way, please tip my scales..... thank you:)

if they return then next time they come film them on your phone

else you'll call the police 101.

then we have evidence

• Haha 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The problem you have is that you are not sure just which debt this is. Do you open all your post and are payplan forwarding any post they get?

I know what I would be doing and that is to write to them and say something along the lines of

I have no idea what these intrusive visits are about. My health is not good (if it is mental health say that ) and in future please refrain from visiting my property and keep all communication in writing. Once you establish what this relates to I will be in a better position to make informed decisions. 

That is just a general idea - send it Royal mail signed for (or just get a free proof of posting if money is really tight).

Remember these are just debt collectors (or at least from what I can see they are) and have no power to do anything. To be perfectly honest it might do no harm in actually talking to them just to establish what it is about but they will usually want to check name date of birth etc and I never do that over the phone.

But above all remember they have no power and although I can only talk from my one experience of Scotcall some time ago, they were decen, polite and just doing a job- we don't all have the luxury of placing morals in front of getting a job.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

I did call the police and they said that Resolvecall were a legitimate company, and they were allowed to doorstep call.   

Police said to ring Resolvecall to find out.

No way was I phoning them, as I want everything in writing.

Police are uselesss

LilythePink

If you liked what I said, and if it helped in any way, please tip my scales..... thank you:)

they are until they return

trespass laws

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I open everything that is in the post and this only appeared after I finished with Payplan, after 14 years and no reduction in debts. 

Idem kept writing to me to get in touch, and as I have no idea what it is about, I am not about to get in touch.

I have asked Payplan for all my debt information so I can try and identify this supposed debt. 

Payplan have closed my account and only they can see my information re debts.

Resolvecall banged on my glass door and two men rang bell etc, very aggressive,  told them to get off my property and they left. 

Police are not at all interested in protecting honest people from this harassment, now I am afraid to go near the front door,and what if they wait outside for me.

LilythePink

I asked the questions because I do not know the history of the account(s) and I like many have been guilty of not reading all correspondence sent to me. Did you make the request to Payplan for information under GDPR? If that is the case they have a limited time to reply ( I think it is 28 days although they may ask for more time). 

So do you think these visits are about an Idem account?

If that is the case I really see no harm in writing to both Idem and resolve call as I outlined above. The problem is if you do not know what the debt is about you can not deal with it and are leaving yourself open to the possibility of a court claim with all the angst that comes with it. 

If you know what the debt is, you could maybe send a CCA Request (if you haven't done so already) to see if it is enforceable at that level although as I always say, there is a lot more to defending a claim than non compliance with S77-79 or an improperly executed agreement.

• Like 1

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

resolvecall are unusual bedfellows for idem.

recently there have been a number of idem debts sold to cabot which have resulted in them using resolvecall going by cag threads.

and they

• 1 month later...

I received all my information from Idem under a SAR, and guess what all my papers were strewn all over the place.  

My medical information in that I was a vulnerable person etc etc, and all documentation relating to a Tesco account HBOS.

I immediately sent off a complaint, as my DATA has been open to the public for god knows how long. 

I was very upset and took pictures of the very badly torn envelope which was not in my opinion something I would send private information in.

they have a month to come back to me, until I can report it back to the ICO.

Very upsetting that my whole of the post office could have access to my personal information.

LilythePink