Experian & Equifax Baffle Me

julian1968
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1689 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Just a few months ago I credit checked myself in Experian and had a credit score that was pretty close to the highest possible. Great I thought.

This month Equifax score me at 324 (poor) with Experian scoring me 892 (good)

I have credit and all serviced well, Not lots of credit accounts. All historical accounts paid up to date or paid off early so settled.

On electoral role for last 12 months in newly bough house and 5 years on previous address.

No issues with other people connected with at other properties.

Positive factors in my score = 7, negative factor = 1 (took out a loan few month ago)

I have looked through my accounts and am baffled as to why my score can change so quickly and what the cause would be.

Do these scores just go up and down and I shouldn't worry too much?

Thanks

1 hour ago, fkofilee said:

Any questions shoot... 

Thanks for the link. Was actually reading this last week. Lot of work gone into that.

Even after reading it I'm still not clear on my low record. I pay everything on time and have no other issues so will just keep an eye on it.

Thanks again

Ignore the scores... They are just how the CRA sees you and have no impact on credit. Try using a soft search comparison engine... 

Do it monthly and see how you stack up for some of the best CCs... Dont actually apply - But itll give you a little idea of how you appear to Lenders :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

9 minutes ago, fkofilee said:

Ignore the scores... They are just how the CRA sees you and have no impact on credit. Try using a soft search comparison engine... 

Do it monthly and see how you stack up for some of the best CCs... Dont actually apply - But itll give you a little idea of how you appear to Lenders :)

Thanks Fkofilee

I don't actually want any credit so no need really. Just wondered about it

Thanks again