Token Payments

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1705 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have 2 debts which have been sold on by the original creditors but still managed by debt collectors

I have been upfront and informed them that I have a medical condition (cancer) and have been paying them token payments on the accounts for some time.

I am just concerned that they just simply pull the plug on such arrangements which I keep updating them every six months about but I cant foresee this will change or improve.

If I am paying EVERY month and on time to these debt collection agencies will they pounce on me in the near future.

I just received today  a statement from one of them and all sorts of stuff is running through my head.

The debts are well over 8 years old and have paid what I can each month.

Will they come back to me at some point that they need more than what I have got?

Name of the original creditors and names of the DCAs please...and age of the debts......then we can advise on what " they " normally do .

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Both credit cards.... mbna to pra group and Halifax to Cabot.... they balling ball and have been but worried in time they won't.....debt is over 8 years now

Every six months I make sure keep sending income and expenditure in....each month paid on time

Edited by adviceneeded1

when was the last time you sent these powerless fleecers a CCa request?

and who if anyone ordered you to blindly pay a powerless DCA?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I never have I thought given my illness got enough to fight with than playing fight games with them....

I am playing ball marking 6 months on my calendar and ensuring what I agreed to repay is paid...

I have enough of a fight on with my health...

. just asking if you play ball that they will play ball with you?

I see many hide from it which I am not hence they go on to court but keeping what agreed upon will they keep off your back?

no guarantee whatsoever just because you are playing ball they wont do court..an1.

if your illness is not terminal [sorry for asking ] then fight them

when are these debts from ?

when did you take the cards out?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...