style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1735 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

yesterday I went sainsburys with my mum who must been having some sort of midlife crisis because she stole a pizza and she doesn't even like cheese.

She had put it in her shopping bag and I was oblivious.

I only went in for 25% TU sale to purchase school uniform for my kids.

Which I paid for and have the receipt.

We got pulled into security at the exit and had our details taken and issued a life time ban as even though I had no stolen good on my person the security guard was adamant I knew about it and wouldn't let me leave.

Now I don't really care about the ban as I only ever go in for the clothing sale anyway.

I'm more concerned about my mum stealing food she doesn't eat and wondering what's going on with her....

My only issue is that the security guard took our photos and I'm just wondering who gets to see these as 2 parents at my kids school work at our local Sainsbury's and I'd hate for them to think I was some sort of shop lifter and know about what happened. Thanks in advance for your responses.

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I've moved your thread to the shoplifting forum for advice, people should be along later. Here's a link in case you need it.

One of the things we suggest to people who shoplift is that they have a chat with their GP in case there are underlying problems, as you suspect. GPs have seen it all before and don't judge, neither do we.

Best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

staff do not get to see any wall of shame photos so to speak.

against GDPR /data protection laws

just remember to ignore all/any letters from DWF regarding some unlawful civil recharge they might try to get out of you.

and yes try and get your mum to see her GP>

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

their approach will be one of "common intent" and that as you didnt stop your mum from doing what she did you are just as culpable.

Now this is in many cases clearly unfair but as far as the ban goes that is their choice.

What they cant do is state that you were shoplifiting and they wont.

I'm sure that is the end of the matter as far as they are concerned but how old is your mother?

has she exhibited any other odd behaviour recently?

Gte her to visit the quack and ask for a blood pressure test result  as part of that chat/check.

If she has high blood pressure it can kick off all sorts of problems in the brain for people who are not that old and could start to explain somehting.

Thank you to those who have taken the time to reply. You've put my mind at ease that I won't get mum shamed in the playground come September! 

Yeah my mum is 47. I've booked her in to see her G.P on weds. Just hope I can get her there as she is reluctant. Thanks again