Unexpected charge for phone repair

kp278
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1774 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My phone is currently in Nokia repair centre, due to an issue with not charging. Nokia say the touchscreen needs replacing. I queried this with them and they say the screen needs to be removed in order to fix the charging issue, and because the screen has a crack in the corner, it will shatter when they remove it. Interesting theory, but can they charge me for consequential damaged caused by the repair itself?

Thanks, Kristian

I think that if they have warned you about the risks associated with carrying out the particular repair and you give them the okay then yes, they can charge you.

You can bet that they’ll say the warranty applies to the repair for the charging system, and the screen replacement is chargeable, as the screen  issue isn’t covered under warranty due to it having suffered accidental damage.

I would say let them repair the fault you took it in for and if they do break the screen then that will be down to them as it was working when you left it with them. The row about this will be too damaging if in the public domain so they will replace it. if they demand payment for doing so you tell them to put the old one back in and you will take it elsewhere. As that will be impossible they are stuck