Blue Motor Finance driving me nuts with over- payment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1778 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Need some advice, and a fresh set of eyes as I feel like I'm getting nowhere with Blue Motor Finance.

I have a car financed through Blue Motor, in April I offered them a lump sump of money to bring down my monthly payments to them:

According the the partial settlement letter they sent me on the 12th of April 2019:

Thank you for your recent enquiry. You have indicated that you would like to make a partial settlement of £2,000.00 on or before 12th May 2019. If you do this the term of your agreement will remain the same and your monthly repayments will be reduced. In addition to the partial settlement you must still continue to make your contractual instalment payments.

This is detailed below: Partial Settlement Contractual Instalments

Outstanding Balance: £7,660.15

Partial Settlement: £2,000.00 :

Interest Rebate: £697.20

Monthly instalments: 44 x £110.29

Resulting Balance: £4,962.95

Final Instalment (including Document Fee): £110.19

This quote is valid for 28 days.  Please note that if you wish to accept this quote, we require full payment within this period. 

They advised me that the next payment due on the 15th of April would be the normal amount of £167.66 and then the month thereafter it would be £110.29

So I paid the £2000 into their bank account they had given me, and then on the 14th of May they kept on taking the £166.67 instead of the £110.29 as the letter stated.

I had to ring up as they would not talk about my account via email, and I got some excuse about how my settlement letter stated that this would happen, which I replied the letter doesn't state that, so the lady looked up the letter on the system and said "oh somehow the system did not generate that bit" and how it was company policy that after a settlement was done the next month's payment would remain the same and then change the month thereafter.

She did not understand that the settlement letter, generated the 12th of April, would take into account the normal payment 3 days later, and then May's payment would be later.

I asked how many payments do I have left: Answer: 44.

I even tried to walk through the payments I still need to make, ie 44 monthly payments of £110.29, plus the £166.67 payment made in May, equals £5019.43, and not the £4 962.95 they say is now outstanding, which was generated before my April's payment.

I asked for it to be escalated into a complaint as her explanations made no sense at all, and you can't come and tell me the system did not generate the offer letter properly, which I accepted and made the partial settlement payment based on this offer letter.

I will apparently be contacted within 5 business days by someone in the complaints team.

send them an sar.

then find their mistake in writing and point it out to them.

make sure they also don't trash your credit file.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

what they should do is recalculate your balance and adjust the monthly payments to take into account the payments made since this quotation.

the quote was a true reflection of  the 12th april so the illustration was right at that time, they now need to adjust things to take into account the new payments and info to normalise the dates etc

• 1 month later...

Just a small update on this saga with Blue Motor Finance. They looked into my complaint, wrote to me saying their figures were correct, but as a “gesture of goodwill” were refunding me £56. Yeah right....

Direct Debit was altered to reflect the £110 to be paid each month, £56 refunded into my bank account. Result I thought...not.

Yesterday received a text message and phone call from their collections team, telling me I was behind on my payments and that I owed them £56.

😡

Took the wind out of the woman’s sails when I told her the whole story, was put on hold for 10 minutes while she spoke to head office, came back to me to say head office will get back to me, which they never did.

left her with a warning to put on my notes that if they put a late payment marker on my credit file because of this, I will be taking them to court.

Edited by UKDomains
Typo