Rollersnakes - Charging Delivery after a Refund

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1876 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I bought 4 clothing items online through a comapny called Rollersnakes, the total came to £150 and I wasn't charged any delivery.

I had to return 3 items due to 1 being too small and the other 2 not being as expected. There was nothing wrong with the other 2 they just didn't look how I thought they would.

I paid for the return postage and the 3 items came to a total of £105 and was the refund amount I was expecting. However Rollersnakes have only given me a refund of £101.99. When I queried this I was told that they have added postage costs onto my original order as the only item I kept meant that the value was under £70 and so they were charging me delivery costs.

Hopefully that all makes sense but if you do need any more information please let me know. What I'm just wondering is are they able to do this under UK law?

Thanks

As I understand it, you ordered 4 items and as a result benefited from reduced or free delivery charges.

You returned three items and kept one. They have now applied the delivery charges that would have been applicable if you had only ordered one item in the first place.

If this is right then I'm afraid that they are probably correct and I don't think there is anything you can do about it.

Thanks for responding.

That is correct, that's good information to know for the future so thanks for that.

I think what annoyed me most is that I've spent over £1000 with them over the years and they're willing to lose me as a customer over £3.01. However if they are entitled to charge that delivery cost then fair enough.

Thanks again for the response.

t is unlikely thaT you were respionsible for the return delivery charges so them charging you for the delivery of the item you kept is a bit mean. i woould be querying this. It you are within the 14 day cooling off period i would also consier telling themt hat you are retunring the other item and expect them to send a returns label

If return postage isnt clearly in the t&c's then they pick up the tab for that and they havent. Read their terms and if they are wrong have it out with them and then turn to social media to let the rest of the world know as well

I did pay for the return delivery costs and had no problem with that as there wasn't anything wrong with the items as such, I just then wasn't expecting to then pay a delivery charge for the item I kept which wasn't originally charged. I could have returned the other item but I did like it so have decided to keep it.

I emailed them as soon as it happened and their response was this is our returns t&c's and basically tough. I'm not on social media so I don't really have that course of action to go through but I'll just not shop there again. If they're willing to lose a loyal customer over this then that is their business decision and I'll spend my money elsewhere.

what exacty do their t&c's say about return postage? you tell us that the bloke at the other end of the phone says that you are responsible for everything but that isnt necessarily true.

now I have read their T&C's and there is nothing about return postage so you are entitled to place an order, examine the goods and then reject them and ask for a returns label or tell them to arrange their collection.

You have been nice to them by paying for the return but you have been mugeed by them as they havent obeyed the regs on distance selling.

so, you come here with a problem that isnt actually a problem  and we find that something else is actually amiss. if you are never going to buy from them again it wont matter but it is worth bearing in mind wherever you buy stuff online or though the post that the terms MUST state what the returns policy is you you can assume they pick up the bill