BudgetAir.co.uk refuse refund

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1919 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I was wondering if someone can help, i searched for a flight via skyscanner and i decided to buy tickets for Turkish Airlines via budgetair.co.uk, this was over a month ago, nowhere did it state when i was purchasing the tickets were they non refundable.

On the 7th March we had some bad news that my wife had serious condition and will require surgery, doctors are saying flying is not safe as it can rupture your stomach veins, i contacted budgetair to let them know of our problem, they replied your ticket is non refundable we can give you back the taxes and even then with our admin fees you will get nothing back. I am absolutely shocked spent over £2000 on the ticket, no compassion, nothing.

We do not fly much and never knew "non refundable ticket exists", our tickets did not mention non refundable and nor did it at the time of buying the tickets, this is mis selling surely. This was totally out of our control.

Is there anything we can do, i have phoned them and its 10p a minute to ring and already spent over £10 and they are not budging. i have emailed them and requested there complaint procedure but no response. The flight is on 8th april and they have plenty of time to resell the tickets but they have no compassion whatsover.

any advice appreciated.

Edited by cenk102

I am sorry to hear of your wife’s illness and hopes she makes a swift recovery.

I’m afraid that most air fares are not refundable - you pay a significant extra premium for a ticket that is.

Buying through an agent also complicates things.  Personally I always prefer to purchase a flight direct from the airline so that if there is an issue you don’t have to go through a third party but can plead your case directly.

Hopefully you will have bought travel insurance given the significant costs of the flights.  If so, you should be able to make a claim on the policy.  If not, I’m not sure you have many options, except to ask the airline directly for a gesture of goodwill.

Edited by Vauban
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Vauban said:

I am sorry to hear of your wife’s illness and hopes she makes a swift recovery.

I’m afraid that most air fares are not refundable - you pay a significant extra premium for a ticket that is.

Buying through an agent also complicates things.  Personally I always prefer to purchase a flight direct from the airline so that if there is an issue you don’t have to go through a third party but can plead your case directly.

Hopefully you will have bought travel insurance given the significant costs of the flights.  If so, you should be able to make a claim on the policy.  If not, I’m not sure you have many options, except to ask the airline directly for a gesture of goodwill.

the flight is next month and we have no travel insurance at present.

Do you recommend i contact the airline?

Check how much you'd get back in taxes.

It won't be a small amount. 

Admin fee cannot be higher than £50 in my experience. 

By all means, start dealing with the airline directly, they will probably be more understanding. 

Write to ceo office and see what they say.

If they refuse to bulge, go on social media and FACTUALLY say to the world what happened. 

They usually pay attention after being named and shamed. 

Edited by king12345
  • Like 1