PCN for partially blocking dropped kerb with valid parking permit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1896 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We got  a PCN which states:

PARKED IN A SPECIAL ENFORCEMENT AREA ADJACENT TO A FOOTWAY, CYCLE TRACK OR VERGE LOWERED TO MEET THE LEVEL OF THE CARRIAGEWAY

contravention code 27

We have a valid parking permit for our street, and had parked partially blocking a dropped kerb of a neighbour. The observation time was one minute.

Is this valid ?

Thanks.

permit wont allow you to break the local bylaws of blocking an area with a dropped kerb. It just gives you permission to park.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

thank you. what if the neighbour was aware we are there and specifically allowed this contravention? We l;et them partially block our dropped kerb and vice versa all the time, neither of us got a ticket before now. This has happened when we have been visiting each other as well. Between us as neighbours we have no problem with this issue, .

Dropped Kerbs are normally processed by the owner of the property whose drive is blocked contacting the local council. Where a council operates a removal / relocation system they will probably want confirmation (on arrival of the removal vehicle) by the person reporting this (the home owner), normally by signature. Dropped Kerb (code 27) is not normally processed unless requested so it's probably the owner of the property considered this unacceptable?

Resident parking permits allow parking within allowed areas. This does not give any 'extras' so you have to park where you are allowed to and obviously not obstruct. Personally years ago some well known delivery company driver blocked by driveway and he arrived a bit upset (and red faced) for me calling his company ... ahem, I did give him an hour and I guessed his 'delivery' was non standard! LOL

When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life; now that I am old I know that it is. (Oscar Wilde)

--I like to be helpful wherever possible however I'm not qualified in this field. I do consider carefully anything important (normally from personal experience) however please understand that any actions taken are at your own risk--