linked addresses deposited by DCA's

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4136 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A DCA wrote to me last year looking for someone of my name. They said they'd assume I was the person they wanted if I didn't reply, which I didn't.

I've now registered with Noddle (clean record), and I see that shortly after writing to me the DCA linked an old address of mine from 8 years ago.

Can they do this without my having confirmed my identity to them, or are they able to look up my current file and see my date of birth and make the connection? If they are, why didn't they just look me up first and write to me in the sure knowledge that I was their target?

Hi Welcome yes they can do this, but you can ask the CRA to remove the linked address as it's so old.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thank you. No doubt they've done this on all the other credit reference agency files too, the rascals.

Although it's a slight peeve, as otherwise my file would be unblemished, I wonder if it really matters. At my age, I'm not looking to apply for credit again. I could envisage me doing the rounds of all the CRAs to ask for its removal (and I don't know if they'd just do it on request or not), only for the DCA to put it on again, so I'd have to keep checking. They may not be the only DCA that might surface, either.

Decisions, decisions - I struggle sometimes when asked if I'd like tea or coffee. :roll:

Edited by Frank Leigh
typo