jodie louise 2001 vs Abbey

jodie_louise2001
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6283 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good afternoon!! :D

I've finally plucked up the courage to do something about my Abbey bank charges, and have been avidly watching the forum when i can, in my lunch break etc. However, i still can't find the answer to my questions:

1) As daft as it seems - who do i make the cheque payable to get a list of charges?! :confused:

Is it the bank or something to do with the data information commissioner?

(I know i sound totally daft, and sorry if this has been posted - but only have limited time to browse and search. :p )

2) I took out an unsecured loan/overdraft manager with them a few months ago, and am worried that if i make a claim against them they will demand i pay it in full. If that is the case, providing i win, could they offset the refunded charges against the loan and pay the difference?

Am a little nervous about it all but hope with sheer determination and perseverance i can get what's due.

Sorry again if this has already been discussed, and thanks in advance!

Kind regards and best wishes

*Jodie* xxx

S.A.R Sent (Rec. Del.): Thurs 23rd Nov 06 ;)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi jodie I put the banks name on the cheque they cashed it ok im up to the LBA satge now but prepare for a long hall dont let them give u any crap!! stick to YOUR dates and keep reading the FAQs if your stuck! also I if you are stuck there are plenty of people who can answer your questions

• Haha 1

Hi Jodie,

Good luck with your claim and really do make sure that you stick to your guns!

I know exactly how you feel but I have managed to muddle through so far!!

you need to make your cheque / postal order payable to 'Abbey National PLC'

and the address you need to send everything to is:

Abbey National House, 2 Triton Square, Regent's Place, London, NW1 3AN.

As far as your loan is concerned they are not allowed (as far as I am aware) to organise your finances for you, and so long as the loan is not behind in payments etc, it should be fine.

I have a bank account with Abbey which has a few pounds in it to keep it active, and I only use it when I need to pay something on the debit card (loike court costs lol) and they have not closed this.

Although if you bank with Abbey I would suggest that you open an umbrella account.

Hope this helps, if it does click my scales :wink:

• Haha 1

;) If I helped, then please click my scales ;)

My advice is only my opinion...

Please read the

FAQ's

Sign the Phil Whitmore petition:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/PAYUSBACK/

Abbey - £1600 - WON!!

Thanks Pred!

Just been getting myself worked up about it. I have 3 banks i want to claim charges back from - do you think it best if i just claim one at a time?! Think it might be easier on my head to be fair!!!

Abbey is my priority cos they've taken thousands in the last 6 years, so will concentrate on them - just worried about the loan.

I assume you didn't get a list of charges? Or have i misunderstood? (sorry again - i sound completely incompetent, and i'm not!!!)

Going to send my Request letter today, recordered delivery!! Woooh!

x

Thanks Pred!

Just been getting myself worked up about it. I have 3 banks i want to claim charges back from - do you think it best if i just claim one at a time?! Think it might be easier on my head to be fair!!!

Abbey is my priority cos they've taken thousands in the last 6 years, so will concentrate on them - just worried about the loan.

I assume you didn't get a list of charges? Or have i misunderstood? (sorry again - i sound completely incompetent, and i'm not!!!)

Going to send my Request letter today, recordered delivery!! Woooh!

x

HI Jodie from reading your post today i would say you neeed to read a bit more before embarking on this journey. Take a day or two to re read the FAQS and the Step by Step Instructions. This will give you a greater understandingm of how to pursue your claims. I would start a thread for each claim so you do not get confused. They can not demand full repayment of a loan as long as you are making the payments.

• Haha 1

Thanks Nutty Tart

Didn't see your reply till after i'd posted!!

Wasn't expecting a response so soon - but glad that you could both help - really do appreciate it.

Here's where the fun begins....i'm not sure if my cheque book is still active (!)

It has the same sort cde and account number as the card i have now - BUT the card i have now is no longer a debit card - its a cash card...i know its probably common sense, but it's probably best to send a postal order, right?!

And i haven't missed a single payment as yet on the overdraft loan, so i just hope they don't want it paid back before i get my charges (and i WILL get my charges!!)

Just don't wanna get caught up in legal jargon! It's like aeroplanes - a bit over my head!! Lol! :grin: :grin: :grin: Hehe!

x

"Heigh Ho, Heigh Ho, its off to the post office i go!!!!"

HI Jodie from reading your post today i would say you neeed to read a bit more before embarking on this journey. Take a day or two to re read the FAQS and the Step by Step Instructions. This will give you a greater understandingm of how to pursue your claims. I would start a thread for each claim so you do not get confused. They can not demand full repayment of a loan as long as you are making the payments.

Thank you for your honest advice - i really do appreciate it. I feel like i've read everything so often though and i still get confused! Think i just need someone to hold my hand, as it were.

But i shall sleep on it and get as much info as i can after work to read at home as shouldn't really be on the internet now - lunch is over :( but want to be as clued up as possible. I'll try n sneak on it a bit!

Thanks again!

Love *J*

Definitley use a postal order, and keep all the receipts etc for them...

Hope that helps - if it does, please click my scales ;)

Please read the

FAQ's

Abbey - £1600 - WON!!

Oh and forgot to say - make sure that you send ALL correspondence recorded delivery!

That is a must

Please read the

FAQ's

Abbey - £1600 - WON!!

Oh and forgot to say - make sure that you send ALL correspondence recorded delivery!

That is a must

Thank you!! Will do!

And already clicked all of your scales - though didn't really know what to say!! Lol!

Will keep you updated on any progress.....when i start tomorrow!! ;):D

Thanks again all of you!

xxx

Hi Jodie when I first posted on this site I was completely and utterley confused myself even though I had read & read the FAQs I also felt as if I needed some1 to hold my hand! but ive got this far & I think im doin ok with a little guidance we can all beat SHABBEY!!!:) :)

Hey Pred

I'm feeling a bit better about it now - i've amended the letter i was going to send so it has the correct address etc, and will send a postal order with it tomorrow recorded delivery.

I've read as much as i can cram into my brain this afternoon and going to print out what i can before i leave work so i can talk it through with my other half - he'll be able to talk it through in lamens terms!!!

It's just frustrating because i think i understand it all as i'm reading it - but when it comes to explaining it i'm useless! I'm sure by the end of this i'll feel like a seasoned pro with all the legal mumbo jumbo!

Have you got a link to your progress so i can read up - it only seems fair (Not that i can imagine i'll help - but it'll be good to see how you get on)

*J* xxx

I started mine back in July but had to wait for ages as the used the microfeche arguement but I got hold of a phone number to ring if there was a delay & a nice woman called Sheena as a contact for your statements I will post the number on here for you if you havent received your statements within 23 days (in the 40) thats wot I done but everybody is different LOL!!

I was new to it & 2 be fair I still am!! this is my 1st claim but I have 2 accounts with Shabbey so as soon as this one hopefully settles then Im gonna repeat the whole process again :eek: !!! (im 29!)

Dont worry Jodie - we are all in the same boat with Shabbey. I am waiting for a court date now and I still dont know what I'm doing (lol). Follow the step by step guide as much as you can and if you get stuck post on your thread - the guys on here are great, and you'll get all the help and advice you need.

Jo x

Thanks guys!!

Had a look on your thread Pred - wanted to say a quick congrats re: propsing to ur gf - ur v v brave!! Hope it went wonderfully!:D :D :p

I'm actually amazed how much ppl are willing to help - i've never been on a forum like it - but we are all in the same boat i guess and trying to get back what's ours!

If i encounter anything out of the ordinary i'll def PM you lively lad - thanks again for your help!

And Joanne - thanks!! I think i've got it all clear in my head - i've illustrated the deadlines in my diaries and what i need to do by when - i'll send off the S.A.R tomorrow recordered delivery and the rest is up to them!! Already prepared the microfiche rebuttal thingy too - so just waiting now!! Are you not totally nervous about going to court?!?!

The thought fills me with dread? Also - what about work - am i going to need to book time off do you think?

x

Hopefully Jodie it wont get in to the court room as i am just as worried - I personaly am hoping to negotiate a settlement before then, but I have still printed off all the relevent stuff on here just in case. Want to be prepared, I think they are going to have to change their procedures at some point cos I think the courts are getting cheesed off with them wasting time!!

And Joanne - thanks!! I think i've got it all clear in my head - i've illustrated the deadlines in my diaries and what i need to do by when - i'll send off the S.A.R tomorrow recordered delivery and the rest is up to them!! Already prepared the microfiche rebuttal thingy too - so just waiting now!! Are you not totally nervous about going to court?!?!

The thought fills me with dread? Also - what about work - am i going to need to book time off do you think?

This shows me that you are well prepared i would just sit back and wait for the banks to act. You are doing fine dont panic.;)

Hopefully Jodie it wont get in to the court room as i am just as worried - I personaly am hoping to negotiate a settlement before then, but I have still printed off all the relevent stuff on here just in case. Want to be prepared, I think they are going to have to change their procedures at some point cos I think the courts are getting cheesed off with them wasting time!!

Yeah - i want to be as prepared as possible!! There's no harm in it is there! Information is power n all that! I hope it doesn't go to court - i've never been to court in my life! The courts must be so fed up with bank charges already - something's going to have to give soon and SHAbbey will have to pull their finger out. I'm off home now gyus to do some more reading.

Thanks again for akk your help - and thanks for the vote of confidence lively lad!

See you in the morning!

*J* xxx

Hi guys - finally managed to get myself to the bank to change my address before sending off my S.A.R recorded delivery!! Woooh!

Let the games begin!!!:razz:

Letter from templates...http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html amended to my info

Hi Jodie,

i am another shabbey customer just embarking on this journey its taken almost 40 days already and no microfiche as yet.

but am gona take it all the way.

we are all in the same position but there is so much help you will walk it.

just don,t give in to there scare tactics.

lou:D

Aww thanks Lou!!

I'm strangely excited at this stage...but i've not yet had any correspondence to make me nervous! I've got the microfiche letter all ready and waiting to be sent back as soon as their letter lands on my doorstep to delay things!

The only thing i see myself having problems with is the spreadsheet...though i haven't looked at them yet as i don't have my statements!!! (I have a severe dislike for excel!! Hehe!!!)

When did you send your SAR?

x J x