Lowell claimform - old Lloyds overdraft debt***Claim Struck Out ***

notodebt
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1943 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Must be a very old defence...not the latest overdraft defence we use.....

Their particulars are appalling...is that verbatim...you have not redacted any word ?

Yes I thought that with their particulars really vague !

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

def due/by 4pm next Friday.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok defence submitted today - still no CPR documentation. Will keep this thread updated but many thanks for the advice so far - Donation sent via Paypal !

:yo:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

What is the procedure now this is the last day of defence being the 9th ? Do Lowell have to now respond to my defence? Am I likely to be offered mediation first before any court date?

Time to read other threads..all the answers to the procedures already advised...saves repeating ourselves.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

So just a quick update , letter dated 7th Mar from HM courts acknowledging defence and a copy sent to Lowells.

Up to Lowells if they wish to proceed and have 28 days in which to do so.

Claimant may wish to contact me direct to resolve any dispute (when they provide the documentation then I may well be in a position to resolve again up to Lowell ) if it cannot be resolved informally claimant will inform the court they wish to proceed..etc etc..

yep std court letter get reading up

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

So...still awaiting CPR request from Lowell solicitors, no letter from court yet !

Interestingly Lowells sent me details on 2 other debts with them as part of a SAR and scrolling through I notice in their own notes they have put " client has submitted CCA request using CAG template " but I guess you guys already know this site is being watched by DCA's...

While I am awaiting the outcome, I have been going through previous threads to brush up for any court action.

One thing I was checking through my paperwork for the terms and conditions for Halifax accounts it clearly states if we decide to close your account we will notify you in writing in at least two months before also if after reviewing your financial transactions we decide to move your account to a more suitable one we notify you in writing two months before.

Now I know I did not get any of this in writing and going through the statements it is clear that the account was moved from a basic to a fee payable one @ £5 per month and then subsequently closed.

Under the CPR 31.14 request should it include these documents or is it only default sums owed ,NOA etc..

I ask because surely if they are not covered under CPR31 I can use this for any potential court appearance to add to my statement against the claimant...is this correct ?

can be related to at witness statement stage

and they

Read like threads

Mediation..yes you do

and they

With the number of threads you've read..

Surely you should realise its who blinks first by now???

and they

Varies by each court...2/3 weeks.

Going back to your previous post you seem to fail to understand...a CPR request is simply made as part of the holding defence to put the claimant to proof and on notice they will need to get all their ducks in line if they wish to proceed.Its a Civil request ..hence the name Civil Procedure rules (CPR)...a claimant is not compelled to respond at this stage or disclose any documents and has no bearing on whether they wish to proceed to allocation or not.

Disclosure of documents from the claimant comes after allocation and before the hearing date...although there will be very little to disclose in this claim being an overdraft apart from statements...so Im not sure exactly why you seem to think their disclosure effects your option to participate in mediation.

You have stated in your opening post that you are fully aware of the debt and why the dispute happened...mediate on the facts not the lack of disclosure.

Andy

Ok got that but should there not be documentation apart from statements such as default notice,default sums,charges applied to account,switching account to a fee paying one or even closing it ?

Halifax/Lloyds have sent me none of these.

So how can I mediate when I have none of the relevant documentation?

Edited by dx100uk

well you wont

as one of the questions is do you have all the required information.....

and they

oh and its nowt to do what Halifax/Lloyds have or have not sent you they are nowt to do with the claim its for lowells to supply them else no dice!!

and they