Old Barclaycard Debt - Howard Cohen - PAP

rintyrad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1389 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I had a Barclaycard that shows I defaulted on on 27/03/2013

Since then it looks like it has been brought by hoist portfolio and is now showing on my credit file aswell. So Barclaycard is showing a default with a nil balance and hoist portfolio showing the full balance and a defaults.

Is this correct?

Also do these drop off the report after a certain point?

Yes.....its the same account number...same default...does not count as two defaults.

Falls off after its 6th Anniversary

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Are hoist aware of your correct address if you've moved since taking the card out?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes as post 2

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 8 months later...

Hello,

i have got a pre-action protocol from Howard Cohen reference an old Barclaycard debt of £3065.

Agreement started in 2008, i probably defaulted in 2012, may have made token payments till 2014.

What's the best thing to do with these then, should i ask them to prove i owe the debt before i pay?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

• 2 weeks later...
So it’s been 2 weeks since I sent this back and I haven’t heard anything. Should I chase up?

Noooooo.......

Its irrelevant whether they received it or not ...if they are going to litigate they will irrespective...did you return it signed for/recorded/registered delivery?

Then they cant state they never received it :-)

• 4 weeks later...

So they replied a couple of days after your last message saying they would get the documents i required and send them to me. But that was over three weeks ago. Do we think they haven't got them. Is there a timeframe they have to adhere to?

just on a side note i checked my emails and robinson way were hounding me for ages before hoist took over about reduced settlement amounts, could that mean they dont have the relevant info to make it enforceable

From the link post#2......

Disclosure

If in the debtor requests disclosure of a specific document or information in his reply, the creditor must provide that document/information within 30 days of receipt of the response or provide an explanation as to why it isn’t available.

From the link post#2......

Disclosure

If in the debtor requests disclosure of a specific document or information in his reply, the creditor must provide that document/information within 30 days of receipt of the response or provide an explanation as to why it isn’t available.

And if they dont?

They dont...and when they issue a court claim you bring it to the attention of the court in your defence.

• 4 weeks later...

as post 17

go enjoy new year

stop worrying

not your call.

and they

• 1 year later...

Hi all I opened up a barclaycard in 2008, defaulted on it in 2012.

In 2018 they sent me a pre action protocol letter which I returned to them asking them to prove the debt was mine.

last week they returned some items to me that look like potentially old statements.

I was paying them back through payplan with the last payment being 3rd July 2014.

as it has been 6 years since that date

am I ok to tell them it is statue barred and is there any specific wording I need to use.

i was thinking about writing a letter converting to a pdf and then emailing it them as I don’t have access to a printer at the moment.

would this be the correct thing to do?

thanks 

Yes you could send them a stature barred letter and get  proof of posting.  Then just keep a copy of the letter with the proof of posting.  

As long as you are sure the last payment made through Payplan was over 6 years ago, that appears to be a sound action to take.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

old and new threads merged.

send them via royal mail our statute barred letter from the debt collection section of our library.

dx

and they