NCP Ipswich, > Trace Debt recovery *** Success ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2267 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife parked my car in an NCP car park in Ipswich for 15mins on 6th dec.

She had some issues paying with her phone via Ringo.

However, payment was made successfully as was confirmed by her bank statement.

Yesterday we received a letter from Trace debt recovery for 160 pounds.

We phoned NCP who said they sent letters (they didn't).

We have finally managed to get them to allow us to appeal on their website, previously it was locked out.

How should we appeal?

I can attach a screenshot of the bank statement, but what explanation should I give.

I've never had this happen before and it is keeping me awake at night :(

it was a ZP serial number if that helps

Why appeal?

you have proof of payment,

a letter with a photocopy of the entry in the statement with any A/C details erased for evidence with a this should now conclude the matter as last paragraph.

They may be silly enough to carry on but there is nothing to ground a claim.

The team will be on soon with some probably better advice.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

you paid

ignore them and stop ringing them

no DCA has any legal powers whatsoever

they ARE NOT BAILIFFS.

until/unless you get a letter of claim

or

a claimform

and NCP rarely do those

and would lose anyway in this case

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If you did want to write to (not email) NCP, I'd do so along the lines of the following (there is no requirement to be polite to these people).

-

NCP.

Reference: PCN Number.

Following contact from your unlicensed debt collector. The driver at the time of the parking event has been back through their own records and can prove that parking on the relevant date and time was paid for via Ringo.

If you have no record of that, then it is a matter for yourselves and Ringo to sort out, it's your problem, not mine!

As the parking event was paid for, you had absolutely no reason to apply for keeper details from the DVLA and by doing so you have breached both your KADOE contract with the DVLA by obtaining my details without reasonable cause and indeed the Data Protection Act by processing my details without lawful reason. This is compounded by the fact that you have now given my personal details to a third party.

I now expect to hear from you only once more. Either with a letter to confirm that there will be no further action, an apology and to confirm that the matter is closed or a Letter Before Action as I am quite prepared to go to court to have your bogus claim against me dismissed by a Judge. However, you should be on notice that if you choose the latter option, I will be making a counter claim against you. See Google v Vidal-Hall and VCS v Philip in case you're in any doubt.

I also reserve my rights to make official complaints with the DVLA, the FCA, the ICO and the BPA Ltd.

Signed

Recorded Keeper

-

Don't actually sign it.

• Confused 1

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

I tried to upload the doc but I cant so this is what I have completed in your form.

Would it be best to complete the appeal form?

1. Date of the infringement - 6th December, 2017 at 16:56:09

2. Date on the NTK - I'm frightened of being ripped off by them after reading up on them,

No we telephoned them and they said they sent letters which we didn’t receive

3. Date received - not received see above

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? Haven’t received any letter from NCP only the, debt recovery people

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Only various close up photos of our car number plate

6 Have you appealed? - No, only spoken on phone, and they told my wife they would unlock the case so that we could appeal.

Have you had a response?

7 Who is the parking company? - National Car Parks Ltd

No, you're not making an appeal.

It should not exist, they had no right to write to you and/or pass your details to some other bunch of cowboys.

You're not appealing, you're telling them to jog on.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

why have you not received the NTK,

has the registered keeper of the vehicle moved and not updated the V5C for the vehicle? since the offence

and they

first of all stop worrying,

it is just a dodgy letter asking for money you dont owe so treat it as such.

Dragonfly has suggested a perfectly good response to this and send that letter to the parking co, not the dca.

make sure the wording is as strong as possible

so I would suggest that you send it verbatim

if they are stupid enough to want to continue then you have plenty of ammo to make your complaint public via local paper etc.

There is a Bill going through parliamnet at the moment regarding private parking co's

so send a copy of your letter to your MP and make sure NCP know you are doing this

why have you not received the NTK,

has the registered keeper of the vehicle moved and not updated the V5C for the vehicle? since the offence

No I moved address 15 months before the incident and my driving licences and VC5 are up to date .

I have even checked my old address and there is no mail there so no idea why I haven’t received an NTK

Could the name that your wife used to pay on Ringo be different from your name as registered keeper?

If they persist {NCP} it could be that they have been writing to another address which is why they may have used a Debt Recovery service that also traces cebtors as NCP may have felt that their address for you was wrong.

probably but that's not important the reg no is

and they

Could the name that your wife used to pay on Ringo be different from your name as registered keeper?

If they persist {NCP} it could be that they have been writing to another address which is why they may have used a Debt Recovery service that also traces cebtors as NCP may have felt that their address for you was wrong.

My wife is not the registered keeper, I am and we live at the same address

It’s possible my wife may have got the licence plate wrong or some other detail. But I can’t think of anything else. Nevertheless she still paid and was only there for 15 mins

Whatever happened you paid and that means that NCP did not have the right to demand your details from the DVLA.

Fixed that for you :thumb:

I'm just back from a holiday

I am going to send a letter to NCP with the wording that Dragonfly suggested and also add the comment that I am notifying my MP.

Thanks for all your help.

Once I get a satisfactory reply from NPC I will post it here and also make a donation to this site.

I dare say that NCP will just keep their head down once you've sent them that. They won't want to risk a counterclaim (they've lost those before and it costs them money). Far better for them just to go quiet, tell their pet snake to drop it, and start preying that you don't decide to issue a claim against them.

I doubt you'll even get a reply, you just won't hear any more.

• 2 weeks later...

Always nice to hear the results. Well done :thumb:

I've updated the title of your thread to reflect your win & NCP's drubbing :lol:

I hope you copied letter to your MP. I note they are still blaming you rather then their rubbish system. Even the police ANPR are only 90% accurate so god knows what the error rate with these cheap off the shelf systems is. That would be interesteing to find out but as the parking co's are perfect in their own minds you wil have to install a similar system somewhere and interrogate it yourself and then publish.

Interesting-they do not see your payment but are still cancelling the ticket. Then they advise you to ensure that your correct registration is inputted in the future. No mention that their system is not fit for the purpose.

DragonFly and Eric's brother both recommend giving these companies both barrels at the right time mostly leading to capitulation or silence.

Other posters please note-politeness does not work. Knowing they are in for a fight tends to get them looking elsewhere for their money.

Edited by DragonFly1967
Added paragraphs. Content otherwise unchanged.