couple of questions about my previous WCA that i scored zero points

kAPPS
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3896 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just to make it easier for people to get to the group, here's a clickable link - http://facebook.com/groups/479586538776371/

So you have to be a member of Idiotbook to do anything with the petitions?

Stupid thing to do, putting anything on facebook, I wont touch it.

Taking a poke at the world

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience

You don't need to be a member of Facebook to do anything with the petitions and, regardless of what you may think, as the biggest social network in the western world Facebook is a very sensible place to gather people. Just over 50% of the UK population are on Facebook & almost 60% of the UK online population. There are also around 32 million active UK users of Facebook per month. This makes not putting a campaign on Facebook a very, very stupid thing to do - nothing else has the potential reach.

What might be stupid is putting this stuff only on Facebook so luddites like you refuse to access it ;)

Here are links to the petitions currently shared in the group.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/33327

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47615

http://www.avaaz.org/en/petition/Amnesty_UK_to_protect_the_human_rights_of_the_sick_disabled

http://wowpetition.com is another way to keep in the loop.

• 3 months later...

There is a great deal of expectation on this page that the GP has to issue a note for your appeals. This is not the case and it is not part of their job to do so.

If you are deemed fit by the DWP then the GP may actually agree that there is some form of work you could do. In this case the GP is not advised to issue a fit note but you may appeal.

If you are deemed fit and the GP disagrees then they may write in support to say why although they are not obliged or expected to participate in any appeals process. ATOS is an independent private body working for the DWP and they have to operate an open and accountable process. If they don't ,you should take issue with them not blame your GP or put the health service under administrative pressure.

GPs have a duty of care clearly described at http://www.gmc-uk.org/guidance/good_medical_practice/duties_of_a_doctor.asp

If GPs are being put under too much pressure from patients due to cruel and unusual treatment from ATOS and the DWP then they, not patients, need to be taking issue with those bodies.

Agreed AnnoyedByDCAs.....seems to me the DWP and ATOS are wanting the GP to keep out of it, so they can bully the claimant. I think the forms they send the GP are more geared to just getting the replies they want, same as esa50 and the messicals they call assessments, thanks to recordings at least they can now be kept from reporting lies.

• 1 month later...

Well , after changing my GP, who had no issues with issuing sick notes for the past 6mth ,Last my appeal was heard, i attended, i could not believe that they did not have my full medical history, only what the DWP thought was relevant, The DR at the appeal was certainly on the side of the DWP/ATOS My appeal was refused, and the original nil points stand no schedule 3 descriptor applied?

where they say that they accept that i have all the medical problems that i was on incapacity benefit now esa for, but the nature and extent of the resulting limitations are insufficient to score the required number of points, and the tribunal placed particular reliance upon the evidence of the ATOS report ad my oral evidence , regulation 29(2)(b) considered but did not apply

So because my knee will randomly lock, (To unlock it i have to lift my leg of the ground and manipulate my knee joint so that i re aligns ,gives a small click) But i can walk for miles,one day without it locking, although there is a dull pain every time i put pressure on that leg, but the other day it may lock several times each day, which descriptor does this fit in? the ATOS test and reasons was that at the medical i could use the step aid to get on to the examination bed, (i used my right leg on the 1 step aid)and that i apparently said that i listen to the radio so i can move around more, when what did say was i listen to the radio rather than watch tv, because it enables me to move between rooms ie on my bed instead of couch if in pain from sitting, where as a tv requires you to watch it to enjoy it

and stairs cause more pain ,and i'm slow in walking up and down stairways (footbridges) ladders or step ladders are a no no, the pain is too much

But i still can't work, or couldn't do so repeatedly and reliably , the whole thing is a farce it's bs, For one my knee joint is will randomly lock whilst walking or sitting/standing even whilst lying in bed , diagnosis from the latest x ray was that i have osteoarthritis ,

So it would appear that until i end up being knocked down or killed this government won't accept that my knee poses a real danger to me, they do not care about people

I also have other health issues as well

History

my knee has always been weak, since injured it when i was about 21yrs old, some years later i dislocated it,from slipping ,paramedics put it back into place and i had a fibreglass cast put on my leg, to stop me bending my knee, which deteriorated and was cracking away , the consultant at the hospital saw this and refused to treat me further the cast was removed, and i spent the next 6mths using a crutch for support

Several years after this my knee gave way several times , and became swollen on one occasion due to the amount of pain i was in ,i went to A&E and was x rayed , the consultant who examined my knee, asked if i was a pro footballer or rugby player, which i wasn't but my job at the time involved a lot of ladder climbing, he suggested that i change jobs, as in his opinion my knee joint was badly worn, and at some later stage i may need a replacement knee joint, this was nearly 20yrs ago,

Now i don't want a replacement knee joint, i'm not even 50 yet, and i don't want surgery any kind of surgery I don't like hospitals ,and fear them, not only this i would loose my independence whilst i recovered , i could not lie in a hospital bed for days

So it looks like i will have to claim JSA , and unless they have become more flexible regarding someone not able to sign on every 2 weeks without problems ,then i may have to start a new claim for esa , and go though all the form filling and attend their so called work capability assessment , and probably another appeal too, can i start a fresh claim for ESA for the same medical problems ?

Edited by tommy456