British Banking reputation very low ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2526 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-40338220

Barclays facing possible fraud charges in relation to Qatar 2008 deal. Given that there may now be a court process that follows, we have to be careful what we say, as public comment can be seen as prejudicial. The only observations i would make is that these allegations follow on from a long list of British Banking issues that have really made London look like a centre for dodgy practices and underhand dealing. The other issue is whether it is possible to put these cases in front of a jury, as i suspect that jurors might have a negative view of Bankers. In the US, they would deal with such cases relatively quickly and have expert Judges sitting to hear evidence.

Recently it was revealed by Noel Edmunds that he attempted suicide following problems he had with HBOS concerning business accounts he had with them. If you search online there were large numbers of people affected by the illegal actions of HBOS Bankers.

HSBC had problems in recent years, with allegations of accepting money from dodgy sources and also allegations about helping people avoid paying taxes due.

If you searched online, i am sure you will find many issues affecting most large British Banks. The question is, does British Banking still have a better reputation than other major finance centres ? Personally, i think that the reputation has sunk to a low and only very tough regulation will help it recover.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi unclebulgaria 67

Interesting thread.I am no expert on Banking having come unstuck many times with money.

In fact at times during 2009 roughly during the Sub Prime days i had over 7000 pounds paid to them in charges etc.

Nearly got them back thanks to this site.

But as usual i got into the gold mine just as the gold ran out.Door slammed in my face and the light at the end of the tunnel went out.

For quite a few years.

But strangely connected to your thread i came across this short video last night.

Strange people bankers if you ask me.

But this guy certainly said what he felt,for sure.

Why the whole banking system is a [problem] - Godfrey Bloom MEP

If the system allows or encourages people to make money in what most would find immoral ways -

then there will always be people desperate or more often simply morally destitute enough to do it.

If you look at my link in the other thread, just one UK company is quite possibly the third largest offshore tax haven tax evasion management company in the world - and thats just from what we know.

The hsbc swiss subsidiaries are some of the biggest.

Tax these devils and a government would be able to spend all they propose with money to spare without increasing taxes or cutting services.

The EU is making big steps in addressing this

No wonder the real Tory party rulers are desperate for the hard Brexit that May (a supposed Remainer) was driving.

Keep saying this, but Brexit is going to be the biggest mistake and cost to normal people since WW2.

We need to be in the EU, and putting power back into the hands of elected officials who AREN'T in the pockets of Financiers.

Yes it will hit the 'headline' GDP of this country

- but how much do you think those fiddled figures actually put into the infrastructure and services of this country that normal people rely on?

- and how much of REAL taxpayers money do you think goes into supporting these fiddlers? (like the real figures showing how the taxpayer gave Goodwins crew an interest negative loan

(we the real taxpayers, actually paid to give them the loan - which goes to shareholders once private again and pay Goodwins lawyers while the company claims tax losses against the nation)

Why trust doctors and science, when you can trust the internets:

blithering idiots, think tank shills, client journalists, disinformation bots and trolls

“The fossil fuel industry is feasting on subsidies and windfall profits

while household budgets shrink and our planet burns"

UN secretary general Antonio Guterres

If the system allows or encourages people to make money in what most would find immoral ways -

then there will always be people desperate or more often simply morally destitute enough to do it.

If you look at my link in the other thread, just one UK company is quite possibly the third largest offshore tax haven tax evasion management company in the world - and thats just from what we know.

The hsbc swiss subsidiaries are some of the biggest.

Tax these devils and a government would be able to spend all they propose with money to spare without increasing taxes or cutting services.

The EU is making big steps in addressing this

No wonder the real Tory party rulers are desperate for the hard Brexit that May (a supposed Remainer) was driving.

Keep saying this, but Brexit is going to be the biggest mistake and cost to normal people since WW2.

We need to be in the EU, and putting power back into the hands of elected officials who AREN'T in the pockets of Financiers.

Yes it will hit the 'headline' GDP of this country

- but how much do you think those fiddled figures actually put into the infrastructure and services of this country that normal people rely on?

- and how much of REAL taxpayers money do you think goes into supporting these fiddlers? (like the real figures showing how the taxpayer gave Goodwins crew an interest negative loan

(we the real taxpayers, actually paid to give them the loan - which goes to shareholders once private again and pay Goodwins lawyers while the company claims tax losses against the nation)

This actually could read wrong - that our involvement in ww2 was a necessity is without question IMO

Why trust doctors and science, when you can trust the internets:

blithering idiots, think tank shills, client journalists, disinformation bots and trolls

“The fossil fuel industry is feasting on subsidies and windfall profits

while household budgets shrink and our planet burns"

UN secretary general Antonio Guterres