Plymouth Harbour MCSP, parking charge final reminder, Britannia Parking

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2558 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My father in law has received a final reminder from Britannia Parking

its dated 8th of May

he has his parking ticket from that day, nothing was fixed to the car and this is the first thing he has received from them despite the notice stating they have written in the past.

Can anyone pls suggest the best way to proceed?

Many Thanks

Hello there.

It's good that your FiL has kept the ticket, please get him to keep it safe. That's very odd that there's no correspondence, the guys will know what to do though. Please bear with us until they're able to get here. :)

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

what did the letter say?

Can you give a breakdown of the timelines?

You paid anyway,so anything they say or do is moot.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

well, it is a meaningless bit of paper so I wouildnt be paying anything based on that.

Now let us consider the place and the event. He parked and he bopught a ticket to do so. the harbour will be covered by its own byelaws and they have nothing to do with Britannia parking so they have no interest in the matter. They cant ask for money on behalf of someone else without saying they arent the creditor and as they arent the creditor they have broken the lawe in getting the keeper details from the DVLA.

Next, let us considet he content of the letter. The law says that any NTK has ot contain certain information and it must be conveyed in specific phrases or it is again not valid. This letter fails to have any of the required information unless the bit you have hidden to keep personal details private has another couple of paragraphs and the same on the back of the letter. Dont worry, we know it doesnt. Also what they do say is utter cobblers or downright untruthful.

Lastly there is the matter of contract law. The contract agreed was based upon the offer of parking and accepted by FiL when he put the money in the ticket machine. This payment basically overrides any other signage conditions that are not on the ticket machine so it begs the question what exactly they are demanding payment for. Breach of contract? WHAT CONTRACT?, What breach? Strictly the contract is the byelaws so if they say no parking at high tide tehn that is that, it wont give any rights to these clowns to make their own rules up, their hands are very much tied.

What to do? Ignore them and any debt collector who writes (Debt Recovery Plus are the favourites). If he gets a letter from a solicitor we will recommend a suitable letter as a response but not worth arguing with rentathreat dca's.

Let them waste their money if they want to. NEVER email or phone them, you will just get harassment and will have given them the method to harass

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.