Theresa May to seek snap election for 8 June

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2461 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There is a lot of truth to this video rant. The Tories have always repeated claims that they are better at running the economy and are the low tax party, but the facts often reveal a different story. Many Tories keep referring back to Labours economic issues during the 1970's, when that is nearly 50 years ago.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was the "if they get back in, do these (dropped promises) get back on the agenda." I was asking if he was serious about

:) it was serious, sort of (i understand lots or maybe all will be binned). was recalling an mp at the box when asked re saying that some wld get 'washed' (the political term), but he didnt want to say for sure what so as to not 'prejudice' things (the manifesto i suspect?). something like that?

200,00 new electors. That will determine the outcome of 2 seats then as the majority of constituencies have such an inbuilt majority any more votes cast in them are just wasted.

I still dont believe that anyone actually thinks any of the parties have their interests at heart and MP's are even interested in acting in the public good. They had a pioke with a pointy stick last year but that will be forgotten about in a couple of years time.

TV debates? Blair wanted these because he knew that the opinion pollsters has worked out he looked good on telly. Every gesture was honed. adolf Hitler used to pracice his hand waving before making a speech at one of his rallies. Of course the TV channels are making a mountain out of this molehill, they have a huge amount self interest in this and new reporting changed about 30 years ago so it all became personalised rtahe than just reporting. I hate the false vox pop of almost every stort on the BBC news, you know the sort of thing, they ask a few people in the street their opinion on something like nuclear physics and then take the responses as though they are as valid as the Nobel laureate that was the focus of the story.

Politics rarely deals in just facts so the reporter have a field day in this respect.

labour have put forward a bit of their brexit pledge in the campaign (whilst at accepting that brexit will happen).

so far, the Cons are reluctant to say anything re. bbc.

good or bad?

and Labour wee in the faces of the voters by ignoring local selection of candidates in order to put their chosen select few in Westminster via 'safe' seats - we'll see.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/jeremy-corbyn-trade-unions-safe-vacant-labour-seats-carve-up-deal-tom-watson_uk_58ffb9dce4b0073d3e7a21c5?utm_hp_ref=uk

Sod the constituents, lets get our people in westminster says momentum

while Hunt the Hated guzzles on

Jeremy Hunt Accused Of ‘Guzzling’ Down A Pay Rise While Refusing To Give More Money To NHS

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/jeremy-hunt-accused-of-guzzling-down-a-pay-rise-while-refusing-to-give-more-money-to-nhs_uk_590057afe4b0026db1dc5ac0?utm_hp_ref=uk

This year MPs received a £1,049 pay rise, a 1.4% increase, taking their salaries to £76,011 (PLUS vast expenses), although far less than prior years massive increases for MP's, still well ahead of the 1% limit 1% pay cap for nurses, midwives and other NHS staff.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-58411/MPs-vote-yes-extra-31-000.html

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

and after May was backed into a corner re appearing on television debates, her mate jeremy gives her yet another helping hand

"If Theresa wont appear, then neither will I" says Carbuncle.

"Most kind, Big Thank You with kisses Jeremy, I just don't know how I would have coped this last year without your support" says May.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/apr/26/jeremy-corbyn-will-not-take-part-in-tv-debate-without-theresa-may

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

There is a lot of truth to this video rant. The Tories have always repeated claims that they are better at running the economy and are the low tax party, but the facts often reveal a different story. Many Tories keep referring back to Labours economic issues during the 1970's, when that is nearly 50 years ago.

That is so darned accurate. Great find unc.

The Tory Legacy

Abbott on LBC re 10,000 extra police, got a bit caught out there...:)

political soundbites...

vote Green :)

What Abbot was getting confused about is that Labour plan about 2,500 increase per year over 4 years. This will cost £80 million approx per 2,500 extra recruited. For some reason she said £300,000, which might be cost of 10 extra Police, if added to say Hackney Police where she is MP. And then she said £80 million which is about first year cost of recruiting 2,500 Police.

She was clearly in a confused state and should carry notes with her.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

She was clearly in a confused state and should carry notes with her
yep. it was funny re the hhmms and errrs.

if going to assert a policy (rather than just a soundbite), be prepared with facts.

yep. it was funny re the hhmms and errrs.

if going to assert a policy (rather than just a soundbite), be prepared with facts.

or kill two bids with one stone

Unstable with Corbyn

Mumble along a'May (singalongaMax)

Are we really seeing Labours end times?

Dont doubt that Corbyn would consider 30 of HIS MP's in Westminster as a victory - even if that was all the Labour MP#'s there were.

Of course many will vote Labour because they always have and habits do die hard, but it looks like the cliff edge for Labour to me.

and because people are even more distrusting of Corbyn than even Mays clear abolishing of basic human rights and blatant pandering to the wealthy, almost no one that I know believes anything good would come of Corbyn gaining power.

What a time for such a treacherous self serving **** to blunder into the position of 'leader' of the Labour party.

The damage might be becoming irreparable thanks to Corbyn, Mcdonnal, Abbott, Unite and momentum, and Corbyn wont be going anywhere no matter the cost to the Labour party as I've said from the start.

The Tory Legacy

Shows how good the Torys are at spinning deceit

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/may/03/tories-lay-in-to-jeremy-corbyn-with-tax-bombshell-advert?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=224244&subid=19389892&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2

May cant hide Tory plans to remove Tory pledges

NOT to increase taxes

NOT to increase NI

NOT to increase Taxes for the self employed

and promotes an advert that it is others who will be increasing TAX's

and Corbyn will completely miss the boat as usual

He MUST be working for May.

The Tory Legacy

Have any of you been in this position before when voting.

Two MPs in a town, one Labour One Conservative. At different ends of the town, South and North.

Say one MP The Conservative one stands up for the Disabled and other things you personally believe in.

And can be proved when looking at how they vote when bills are voted on.

Going against the seemingly national positon of the Conservatives who it seems would cut your throat if it saved a few pounds.

Having supported one MP the labour one at one time at an event, a fine chap and very well liked.

Now the Conservative one I have asked for help twice with certain things, and he has stepped in both times and helped my family sorting out certain departments rapidly.

Now I feel he is a nice chap also at one end of the town and I feel like supporting him.Well I will send him a letter at least thanking him.

Does a decent job.

However not in my wildest dreams could I support the Conservatives at General Election time.I would rather go and live on a desert island in a cave, eat fish and crabs which some of you know I have done in the past.

It seems even if a Conservative MP does not agree with their Leaders position it does not make that much difference.

However at least they have got the guts not to be whipped into line.Unlike many others who flip flop all over the place.

So am I green am I red am I blue, perhaps it is easy to tell.

Bloody politics.I am waiting for the chosen one to arrive, someone with vision, strong and supports the people who are struggling like hell in Great Britain.

Are they there do you know?

While we are at it always seems to boil down to money.

Have you seen this debt clock?

It seems to a simple person to myself we the country are neck deep in the mire.Debt everywhere I look.

Maybe I am looking in the wrong places.

Ar we heading for a crisis.

Great Britain's Debt Clock-Just a question or two.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?474399-Great-Britain-s-Debt-Clock-Just-a-question-or-two.

Can you imagine if we all had a debt clock on our bedside table, it may keep you awake at night for sure.Give you nightmares.

Of course if you have been here in the forums for years many of us are now debt free although tempted at times.It is like the devil saying come take the loot.

Perhaps many of us are returning to times in the past. Living within our meagre means and have cut back that much there is nothing else to cut apart from your throat.But when debt free you sure feel relief.

Only jesting do not take that seriously, just trying to make a little sense of things which I think I have confused myself more which usually happens.

I know how hard it is for people, everyone now must see it in their towns and feel it.Foodbanks and all the rest.

Well I reckon Theresa May in Downing Street has one of these clocks installed and perhaps wants to do one before the xxxx hits the fan.

Of course not understanding Politics that much just thought I would pop in.

Just ramble on for a moment.That is all,while waiting for another post to arrive.

Bye for now.

Tawnyowl.

Apologies for what must seem like a right old rubbish, confused post I made. I do get excited at times.

However, i will leave this thread and leave it for those that leave posts that are clear to understand.So how about the local elections.

Although not all results in by a long way are they pointing in a certain direction.Will things change during the day? UKIP, oh dear seem to be having a right old nightmare.

Whatever you wish for may you receive.

Local election results 2017 LIVE: Tories make gains and Labour loses Welsh heartlands in early counts

Who won the local elections? When are the results in my area? And what does it all mean? Latest UK council and mayoral vote winners, losers, reaction and analysis

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/local-election-results-2017-live-10357130

In local elections

libdems lose out by 10% seatwise

Torys have massive swing

Corbyns Labour has expected severe trouncing losing 20% of its seats

Labour MP Stephen Kinnock told the BBC about why he thought Jeremy Corbyn’s leadership helped to explain what he described as his party’s “disastrous” performance".

I think we can’t just put a spin on this – the fact of the matter is that Jeremy’s leadership does come up on the doorstep on a very regular basis.

What we have to do is make this election about more than leadership, we’ve got to make it about the future of our country ...

err NO you need to get rid of Corbyn little-Mc and Abbott

butJohn McDonnell, shadow chancellor, told Sky News:

There have been some disappointments. There hasn’t been a wipeout in some areas"

Lets read that again ... How true

but every cloud has a silver lining - UKIP - Nil pwont - total wipeout

Ukip’s Lisa Duffy said the results were "not a disaster"

The Tory Legacy

but every cloud has a silver lining - UKIP - Nil pwont - total wipeout

:)

they're gone.

but where did their brexit votes go. maybe to KJ May who seemingly wants a hard one? :madgrin:

Found you. had a fright though when i saw a clip of that woman on the first page

Just wondering what peoples take is on the election results today

I have to say i am shedding no tears over the annihilationof UKIP - particularly in the area where my doppleganger is standing ( I was told by my soon to be deceased BIL that before he had a beard I looked like the Nut)

I am wondering if people think this is a true reflection of how it will go in June, or are labour supporters punishing Labour now but will return to their 'home' in June or are we in for a massive Tory majority and a one party state (well at least for the next 5 years)

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Tawny Owl

I feel your pain

My Tory MP has helped me in the past- his intervention got the DWP to write off over £1K they had overpaid me . I had written and written and phoned and phoned but they still kept paying me saying I was entitled until they changed their minds.

Anyway moving on..I would sooner poke my eyes out with a rusty nail than vote for a tory, the lady at the polling station yesterday was in a maggie Blue two piece- twin set and pearls and was most dismissive when I was talking to the genial Libdem chap

I am wondering if people think this is a true reflection of how it will go in June,

its looking like it.

cant see labour or libdems winning the general. seemingly a case of better the devil you know in the absence of an alternative

I am sure someone will be only too happy to oblige but pass me a short rope!

The thought of another 5 years just fills me with dread

I am sure someone will be only too happy to oblige but pass me a short rope!

The thought of another 5 years just fills me with dread

KJ May was on to a winner really.

too much Corby infighting, is he or is not the person to lead labour. their own party cant decide.

libdems too far away.

KJ May now wanting brexit (even though she didn't during the ref), so thats just above 50 % of those that voted in the ref for.

there was argument re her mandate. one reason for the snap, to give her such. hate to say it, but it was well timed re.

am voting Green :)

Reading the previous posts of MP's helping at grass roots, they care and in politics for the right reasons. They know you may not vote for them in elections but their heart has done the right thing. Thank goodness for them.

:)

they're gone.

but where did their brexit votes go. maybe to KJ May who seemingly wants a hard one? :madgrin:

Reminds me of Julian Clary being cast into the wilderness for a controversial comment on screen. LOL

Looks like the Labour brexiters stepped over to the Tories as many of the areas in this round were brexit voters.

The first minister said something along those lines about the Labour vote (I would say and the pro-union vote) going to the Torys in Scotland.

Thing is the radical intolerant illiberal left is actually quite close to the radical intolerant illiberal right, despite them historically claiming to be opposites.

So it could be that those strange Lincolnshire and other farming area votes for Brexit, despite it being the worst possible option for them, might mean that those who might have historically been intolerant lefties have realised they have more in common politically with the intolerant right.

.. and that is a problem for Labour as those are likely the 'we vote labour whatever' crowd that Corbyn will be relying on to not look a total T at the general election..

I'm hoping that the above is also the reason for a decidedly mediocre libdem result (largely Brexit voting areas) which will bounce back in the general election in the Remain voting areas.

For gods sake Farron, get somebody with a personality to stand with you.

Theres no reason to vote for Labour when they are just waving Tory policies through because they are what Corbyn wants, is there?

* Brexiters dont want Brexit but with immigrants ala Corbyn policy do they?

* Remainers dont want Corbyn waving through a Tory Brexit

* and pretty much NOBODY wants Corbyn, whatever his claimed policies.

So our hopes lie on the libdems for an opposition really dont they.

Edited by honeybee13
Langauage edited.

The Tory Legacy

I have to say i am shedding no tears over the annihilationof UKIP

I thought it was quite amusing when Nuttall said he would stand for Boston and Skeggy because they had voted in such high numbers during the referendum. This is my constituency and it was obvious that Mr Nuttall had not actually gauged the mood of our little market town accurately.

Yes, Boston voted in very high numbers to leave, however there is no way that UKIP would be able to take us out in an orderly fashion.

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D