Theresa May to seek snap election for 8 June

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2460 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Do you think it's because their message will be over shone by the outcome of the court case, and not being properly prepared to answer awkward questions. Could be a security measure or questions why the killer was not under surveillance.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tory politician Michael Fallon attacks Jeremy Corbyn, gets caught out and embarrassed on live TV.

Energy minister to Defence Minister I remember Michael Fallon turning up in Blackpool at a Protest I went on.

Slipped in the side door,i wish these politicians would if proud of their positions use front doors.

He made similar gaff on the subject I was then protesting about

Not impressed over 15,000 retweets on Twitter.

Prepare for many more days of Tory attacks as farcical as this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeM8IHEooYc

Dodgy politics by some. It is ok if one of your own party says something. But if a politician from another party says the same, then there is a problem.

Wish they would discuss substance of issues and not just naked party politics.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I thought Mr Corbyn came across much better than Mrs May in the Andrew Neil interviews.

I agree that he did at least ask the questions, however, not sure it helped Corbyn that Neil claimed Corbyn supported the IRA. It is claimed by some that Corbyn has always supported a united Ireland.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I agree that he did at least ask the questions, however, not sure it helped Corbyn that Neil claimed Corbyn supported the IRA. It is claimed by some that Corbyn has always supported a united Ireland.

Claimed by "some"..not "most".

Claimed by "some"..not "most".

Yep, but things said by Politicians or claimed to have been said, are never forgotten. This is why those thinking about high office in the future tend to keep quiet and don't attend protest marches etc.

Yep, but things said by Politicians or claimed to have been said, are never forgotten. This is why those thinking about high office in the future tend to keep quiet and don't attend protest marches etc.

never forgotten is great. THen there is digging up something from 20-30 years ago in an act of desperation, to make oneself look/sound superior (to regain lost credibility by slating the opposition)

Good Heavens,I am I admit not to up to date with how the pop charts operate nowadays.

But I have just heard that this Tune has gone to number one in the charts.

All money from downloads I hear going to Foodbanks etc.

Liar-Liar it is called.

But there's cuts on rich people too tawnyowl, and further really deep cuts planned

eg - Corporation tax

May has turned it around for me in the last couple weeks:

She is the biggest danger to the UK - NOT Corbyn.

but I still cant vote for Corbyn.

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

Out goes Strong and Stable like a Horse from a Stable

Quick bolt that stable door...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/may/30/out-goes-strong-and-stable-leadership-tories-reboot-online-campaign

and May 'relaunches' in the hope that the dumb voters will reset their brains forgetting all that went before along with it ... she May be right but she's bound to mess up again isnt she.

So whats the Tory stand out?

Brexit.

Brexit or walk away (get kicked out) compared to Brexit with immigration ala Corbyn

(Dont think Corbyn is stealth remain - He is probably as Brexit as Farage)

[url=https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/may/30/out-goes-strong-and-stable-leadership-tories-reboot-online-campaign][/url]

- only difference is that Corbyn is saying up front there will be immigration and rather than May/Davies/Johnson saying their 'target' will be ... some time maybe

and Corbyn hasn't already put himself at complete loggerheads with the EU, so a deal is more likely

So No real difference unless May really WANTS to walk away with no deal whatsoever - but with half an excuse to blame someone else.... Quite possible.

What else

Well the real difference appears to be that May wants to cut services for the people, and Taxes for the rich

whereas I dont doubt one whit that Corbyn WANTS to increase services to the people and raise taxes on the rich.

Edited by Andyorch
edited

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

I try not to get to involved with politics.Creates so much anger in people.Some may even fear to write down what they feel.

I will say a little on Immigration.If I am writing garbage well people soon will tell me so.

Over the last few years having the tiniest business you can think off I have sold to people from Europe.And further afield.

Who are working here,settled here and put money in the old owls pocket.

I have worked for Muslims, been invited to a Mosque and some even told me their problems similar to we have.

Some were wary of seeing the Elders walking nearby like a Grandad it seemed to keep their eye on the younger ones.

Making sure they do not get into mischief.Which some may do, smoking, gambling, drinking perhaps.

In my limited experience, they don't half watch out if the Elders are about.

Going through Luton a good few times surprised me as there are not as many Muslims in my town as there are there.

I have no experience at all about the odd one who although born here minds becomes warped and attacks the country they were born in.

Or these Terror cells hiding in dark places plotting that may be amongst us wanting to do us harm

I did not spot any hate towards me.In fact some opened up teling me their problems or their relatives problems.

This scares many of us we worry what is happening and look and wonder how many there may be who hate us.

Obviously, there are those who turn minds and hate what we are.

Get rid of these people if possible but who knows how many there are.

Some sneaked in on the back of refugees perhaps who were fleeing hell.Some born here and minds turned.

What is clear is the working population is ageing quickly across Europe and we need immigration, people to work here to pay taxes

to pay pensions and care for the ageing population same in Germany and other areas of Europe.To keep things going.To work.

Otherwise, we may be snookered in the near future.A decade or so.

The only thing that I see that may temper the need for immigration possibly is Automation,Robots,AI as time goes by.

Whether in the Health Services,Factories,Banking, Agriculture everything else you can think off times are changing fast.Starting in Asia and spreading.

Not many seem to be talking about this especially forward thinking Politicians.There must be some.

Then the Robots, Automation AI Would be taxed and many would end up with a Basic Income for all so we would not fall flat on our faces.

Housing,Healthcare everyday needs,the money has to come from somewhere in the future,and as i see things not the far distant future.

The Europeans i have met on my travels.

I get on with them the ones I have met and like their stories.Being nosey as I am they tell me when I ask them where they have worked.

Some have worked in many countries and speak a good few languages.

I find they have soft natures,friendly and are grafters.

Not knowing all the details on Brexit still do not, i worry that many even then at the time of decision were perhaps having a protest vote against the Government but i see things strangely perhaps.Wanted to give Cameron and the Government a bloody nose.

Had enough of Austerity,that was and is hurting so many people.And thought right i will let you know this way how i feel.

The connections to Businesses,Privatisation,Donations that makes you think many things.

Everyone has there reasons why they want to vote for a certain party as i have.

Whicever way you vote i hope you get what you want.For some that may mean more pain.And myself if the Conservatives get in i fear for many.

So where does that leave us it is one of the two.

My experiences are very similar to yours Tawny.

I should make it clear that I have no issue whatsoever with people coming here to make a British life and work.

For the election here Brexit remains the BIG issue for me

So with all its failing, which I no longer have to balance against Labours, it is Libdems for me.

The LIBDEMS are the only party who will give the population a second chance now that more of the truths (lies) about the brexiters campaign and the real issues are starting to appear.

I still doubt that the British mentality would result in a changed vote, but I unquestionably believe there should be one.

Why do I not consider Conservatives?

Because they have shown themselves again and again to be the Party of weasel words

We Torys give more money to the NHS

(yes 1% more when there is 10% more workload and shifting local care workload to the NHS while cutting that))

We Torys are the Party of lower taxation

Well a tiny tiny bit less income tax for the many, huge tax cuts for the rich and corporations, and loads of stealth taxes so you dont think about them)

We Torys are the Party of the people

(of course we are, people are rich, the rest of you are pleb serfs are not people you are resources)

We Torys are strong

(Yep - interfere in countries all over the world stoking wars - although Labour only a little better)

Greens dont really stand even an outside chance, but I applaud their efforts

UKIP - they are just right wing Tories who even the Tories generally dont like.

SO as it stands, Libdems are the only choice for me as any other issues will be FAR FAR easier to undo/change/make the best of when compared to Brexit

The Tory Legacy

My experiences are very similar to yours Tawny.

I should make it clear that I have no issue whatsoever with people coming here to make a British life and work.

For the election here Brexit remains the BIG issue for me

So with all its failing, which I no longer have to balance against Labours, it is Libdems for me.

The LIBDEMS are the only party who will give the population a second chance now that more of the truths (lies) about the brexiters campaign and the real issues are starting to appear.

I still doubt that the British mentality would result in a changed vote, but I unquestionably believe there should be one.

Why do I not consider Conservatives?

Because they have shown themselves again and again to be the Party of weasel words

We Torys give more money to the NHS

(yes 1% more when there is 10% more workload and shifting local care workload to the NHS while cutting that))

We Torys are the Party of lower taxation

Well a tiny tiny bit less income tax for the many, huge tax cuts for the rich and corporations, and loads of stealth taxes so you dont think about them)

We Torys are the Party of the people

(of course we are, people are rich, the rest of you are pleb serfs are not people you are resources)

We Torys are strong

(Yep - interfere in countries all over the world stoking wars - although Labour only a little better)

Greens dont really stand even an outside chance, but I applaud their efforts

UKIP - they are just right wing Tories who even the Tories generally dont like.

SO as it stands, Libdems are the only choice for me as any other issues will be FAR FAR easier to undo/change/make the best of when compared to Brexit

Fair enough, nice to hear how people think.Always nice to hear from you tobyjugg2.

Been in some tight spots at times in the forums and you have always come in when I felt like I was getting knocked around a bit too much.With some great posts, knowledgable interesting posts that took the heat off.

I agree with some policies from many Political Parties, Greens LibDems and feel this Election is one of the most important I have been through.

But if you want the Tories out, only one way for me.Then try to change things.

Some are stepping aside in marginal seats to create more votes for Labour.

I have this terrible feeling if the Conservatives are not removed as I find them rotting from the inside out, so many connections to Corporations, Business, hurting the poor , the sick, security with their policies their cutbacks.Housing,so many could be helped if it was not for the sheer greed of many.

If they get in well that is it for many.It would not affect me much as everything is cut to the bone now anyway.Nothing else needed apart perhaps one day care.

And maybe medical need.I do not need much what I survive on many would not believe.But reasonably happy and healthy enough.

But for future generations with a party that only seems to cater for the wealthy, their chums and forgets the poor, the sick the doctors, nurses, schoolchildren, pensioners, police I have no time for.

Ah enough it sends me down in the dumps thinking about the Conservatives, creates distress, stress, anger and more.Worse even though better not go that far.

Remembering their policy of telling the sick who could not move they had to work or be sanctioned.

I had a heart attack and the best they could come up with was be a security guard.I walked out and took the chance.Luckily i survived.

Thanks for your post tobyjugg2 and everyone else I really enjoy reading all your posts.

Some of you step in where others fear to tread.

Bring Election day on,many are ready now.

"Rayner, the shadow education secretary, told a crowd in Swindon that May was a “plastic Thatcher”, adding:

“This prime minister is for turning ... but not for turning up.”

The Tory Legacy

and for those interested in Psychology or myths given that a dramatic failure by May will see the toerag scuttle in from the sidelines again.

Boris Johnsons roleplay archetype:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/don-cosentino/divine-tricksters_b_9202368.html

https://www.megaessays.com/viewpaper/18941.html

"he who dupes others and who is always duped himself"

They're tricky and they're selfish but then they get their comeuppance in the end, hooray!

It seems to me that the Amerind Coyote suites him well.

https://aath.memberclicks.net/assets/docs/Don-Aileen-Bibliographies/tricksters.pdf

The Tory Legacy

and May says 'Lets make this election about Brexit

What!! She really is a very poor plastic copy of a Thatcher isnt she:

Corbyn is at least as committed to Brexit as the Tories

Now I havea genuine feeling that Corbyn would win if he offered a fresh in/out vote at the end of the negotiations

* and that is and In/Out vote not just meaningless BS about accept or reject whatever deal is offered ie What we offer or Crash out.

The hardline Brexiters who have no faith they would win a second more informed referendum wouldn't like it - but they aren't going to vote Labour anyway

Corbyn might not like it as he wants out as much as the kippers - just for different main reasons.

Now if he said that in a clear unequivocal way (I dont trust him) - I think I would vote for him, but not unless.

Whats others thoughts?

The Tory Legacy

Just been looking around came across this.I remember Chunky Mark walking through the streets of Manchester with 70,000 others to Save The NHS.

Interesting to see, look at his life what he has done, where he has been.And why.

Well check him out if you feel like it by looking him up in the usual places.

Rushing a touch but he made this video a short time ago.

The Artist Taxi Driver has a few words to say about Theresa May's claim that we should judge her on her record.

General election poll: Jeremy Corbyn surges ahead of Theresa May in London

The YouGov survey shows Labour surging to a 17 point lead in the UK's capital

A national poll published on Thursday showed that across the country the Conservative poll lead has shrunk to just three points, with the Conservatives on 42 points but Labour are close behind on 39.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/general-election-poll-latest-jeremy-corbyn-london-labour-prime-minister-theresa-may-conservatives-a7766941.html

I feel i am a touch biassed perhaps.

Any Conservatives about.:?:

Sorry crazy mind had to make it

Untitled.jpg

secure free image hosting site

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

who do you suggest win? surely not Labour? seems everyone hates the Tories, so who does it leave? I will not be voting for Labour or Tory, all as bad as each other, Most break their promise once elected, they all need to try living in the real world.

I am undecided who atm to vote for,

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Lets look at what this election is about - well from the apparent politicians perspectives, we have no idea what the millions reasons are.

Theresa May says its about Brexit (and not that the polls said she would get a landslide)

1. Giving the people what they voted for in the referendum

2. Giving her a strong hand in the negotiations

Lets look at number 2 first - Strong negotiating Hand

Rubbish. The EU has their quite clearly stated position, and it is quite clear that whoever the heck is negotiating 'for the UK' and their majority will make very little difference.

Lets never forget that May wanted the negotiations kept secret until the end,

its the EU who said NO we must keep our citizens informed.

Now the big one, giving the people the brexit they voted for:

I think few would argue that a large number of people voted Brexit, rightly or wrongly, to VASTLY reduce immigration, you know - what the Tories have been promising/suggesting they will do since they returned to power (wonder how many Tory votes that lie has gained)

Well even Daffy Davies is saying that reduction 'probably' aka wont happen. Certainly not within the 5 years of the next parliament - if May wins.

Think about that, after 2 years of brexit negotiations and 3 more years after the 2 year negotiations are up, and still not a promise or commitment to reduce immigration.

So much for giving the people the Brexit they voted for.

What about Labour

Corbyn wants to open the doors to the needy and wanting of the world to come to the UK and benefit from our society. Its more what we can offer them rather than what they can offer us.

A worthy goal on moral grounds

- but sod that. An apple may be juicy, but if a hoard of locusts arrive it wouldn't last a second. Britain and my family first I don't mind admitting. and in fact am proud to say.

I applaud many of his other stated goals, but dont think he can achieve them, and even if he could, that one policy of WELCOME one and all would destroy anything he did manage.

So he wont give people the Brexit they voted for,

and his applaudable policies have some fatal flaws (as do the Tories misleading policies).

and the momentum bully boys as demonstrated at Corbinite rallies could give NF rallies some pointers and make ukip look like gentlemen.

UKIP

Perhaps the nearest thing to what many brexiters voted for - FU EU we're off.

But How many people who actually voted for Brext had that in mind?

half? quarter? - still probably more than any other option but what a change there would have been in the Brexit vote result.

... and how many people would want any of the other NF policies with strip the country and survival of the richest and their bully boys that go with it?

Libdems

Policies no worse than any of the others when judged over a 5 year Parliament, after that we can kick em out with little harm done if needed

BUT they will offer a fresh more informed vote on Brexit at the end of the negotiations

SO as it seems to me

1. The election is mainly about Brexit and its the one issue that will go on for decades with little hope of changing the results/fallout

2. Only UKIP is really offering Brexit as stated - whatever your beliefs on what Brexit should mean

3. The Libdems are the only Party that is offering a second vote based on an informed decision at the end of the Brexit negotiation

4. All other policies, including even NHS privatisation could be undone/changed after the next Parliament 5 years on - BREXIT CAN'T

SO

If you want Brexit with immigration - vote Labour or Tory

If you want immigration stopped - Vote Ukip

For me - Gotta be Libdems

The Tory Legacy

addendum

OOPS - I shamefully forgot the other issue whose impact cannot be undone.

If you believe as I do that fracking is a mortal danger to the UK for short term profit of the FEW,

then you CAN'T vote Tory or Ukip

Edited by Andyorch
Copied own quote removed

The Tory Legacy

Interesting posts tobyjugg2.Just a little breaking news.

Conservative South Thanet candidate Craig Mackinlay charged over expenses

The Conservative candidate for South Thanet has been charged for alleged overspending in the 2015 general election campaign.

Craig Mackinlay, who is running again on 8 June, stands accused under the Representation of the People Act 1983, alongside his election agent Nathan Gray and party activist Marion Little.

Postal ballots have already been sent out, the deadline for withdrawing nominations has passed, so there is no choice for the Conservatives to make, even if they wanted to: Craig Mackinlay will be the party's candidate on the ballot paper in South Thanet.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-40129826

Hold on a minute. Lets just go back a touch.I wonder what Nigel Farage is thinking this morning.I think we may hear very soon exactly what he thinks of things.

Nigel Farage has said he would stand for parliament again if there were a re-run of the South Thanet election, going back on a previous pledge to retire from frontline politics.

2015 Result:

Conservative: 18838 (38.1%)

Labour: 11740 (23.8%)

Lib Dem: 932 (1.9%)

Green: 1076 (2.2%)

UKIP: 16026 (32.4%)

Independent: 61 (0.1%)

Others: 728 (1.5%)

MAJORITY: 2812 (5.7%)

Police are investigating whether the Conservatives broke spending rules in the Kent seat at the last general election,

when the party successfully fought off a challenge by Farage.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/nov/20/nigel-farage-stand-election-again-south-thanet

Strange makes you wonder what is going on.

Theresa May This Article says is refusing to do interviews with BBC Radio.

After reading the comment this article seems to be true.What has happened to the Strong And Stable Leader.

Has she become the Weak and Feeble leader.What do you think?

If you do not turn up for interviews you should be Sanctioned.:sad:

MMM,maybe she is ill.I had better not go to far.

https://politicalscrapbook.net/2017/06/theresa-may-is-now-refusing-to-do-any-interviews-with-bbc-radio/