style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2468 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As with other things, there is a lot of bluffing and obviously he will loose Muslim votes.

What I don't understand, fundamentally, is why anyone cares what Trump says. The man wouldn't know "truth" or "sincerity" if either slapped him in the face with a large trout. What he says is utterly irrelevant.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

What I don't understand, fundamentally, is why anyone cares what Trump says. The man wouldn't know "truth" or "sincerity" if either slapped him in the face with a large trout. What he says is utterly irrelevant.

Out of my experience, Americans have different mentality to British. For Americans it was unthinkable and illogical that the British voted for Brexit. On the same token for the British seems to be unthinkable that Americans voted for Donald Trump so far ( he came to the top through legitimate process and defeated all other Republicans).

Out of my experience, Americans have different mentality to British. For Americans it was unthinkable and illogical that the British voted for Brexit. On the same token for the British seems to be unthinkable that Americans voted for Donald Trump so far ( he came to the top through legitimate process and defeated all other Republicans).

Well, maybe. But plenty of my American correspondants thought that Brexit was a fine idea, because we were "taking our country back" or some such thing. That, of course, is Trump's great refrain.

Brexit is a little different, though, because at least if I ask a leave voter who we're taking back the country from, they can generally offer a coherent answer - even if it's an answer I disagree with. Trump's fans merely see a nebulous threat from...I dunno, really. Brown people? Communists? Atheists? Muslims? They just insert their own personal bogeymen.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Well, maybe. But plenty of my American correspondants thought that Brexit was a fine idea, because we were "taking our country back" or some such thing. That, of course, is Trump's great refrain.

Brexit is a little different, though, because at least if I ask a leave voter who we're taking back the country from, they can generally offer a coherent answer - even if it's an answer I disagree with. Trump's fans merely see a nebulous threat from...I dunno, really. Brown people? Communists? Atheists? Muslims? They just insert their own personal bogeymen.

I don't have following experienced with most of Brexiters: 'if I ask a leave voter who we're taking back the country from, they can generally offer a coherent answer...'

Just read some statements from the newspapers or even on this forum.

Maybe because you didn't met many Trump's supporters...I've met some and they were able to coherently back him up (mostly arguing his business abilities, no-nonsense approach, new inovations,..). I've also met Clinton's supporters who backed her because of her political experience, resilience, the fact that she's woman, common sense,...

really, in what respect? didnt you want him here (#8)

Think this is referring to not accepting the election result, if he loses.

Trump thinks the election is being rigged

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

really, in what respect? didnt you want him here (#8)

The only problem with Trump is that he was born, also having foot in mouth syndrome, a bit like our Etonian oaf, Borris. The US system since its health reforms has made the cost of living very high for the average US person, Trump knows this so is like a parasite, politically launching himself off others' misery. I mean who says this, 'they'll let grab their P**** as you're a celebrity. I wanted to F**k her. Many Americans loathe Hillary Clinton. It's a bit like Br-exit here - the average Joe was given a voice and the exceptionally out of touch UK politicians/ Parliament paid for it.

Think this is referring to not accepting the election result, if he loses.

Trump thinks the election is being rigged

ah ok. :)

(btw, i wasnt condoning Boris Trump. just wondered about dude's seemingly conflicting post)

IMO

:-):rant:

Yes, for wall building..

Building any wall is pointless and costly. Given the terrain it will be difficult anyway and anyone who really wants to get into the US or traffic drugs will always find a way.

I suspect that drones will be deployed in greater numbers and be linked to border security force command centres at regular intervals right across the border. The drones could be armed with guns, firstly firing warning shots. Far cheaper to run a drone system.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 2 weeks later...

I reckon that Consumer Dude is actually Nigel Farage.

I have messaged UKIP to point them to the forum to ask whether they know Nigel is taking part in discussions here 👹

I reckon that Consumer Dude is actually Nigel Farage.

I have messaged UKIP to point them to the forum to ask whether they know Nigel is taking part in discussions here

:)

i bet they dont respond, citing (eu/uk inspired) data protection laws :)

IMO

:-):rant: