Scottish Power complaint

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2691 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have an outstanding bill from Scottish Power of £292.

This bill is a result of charges incurred between 18 months and 2 years ago.

When originally billed, for an old flat I lived in at the time, I queried the charges and requested a full breakdown on a number of occasions. This was not forthcoming and they twice attempted to withdraw these funds from my account.

I asked my bank to reverse the charges as there was an ongoing dispute. I then raised a formal complaint with Scottish Power.

Scottish Power advised me that they were reviewing my complaint and would get back to me ASAP.

I did not hear anything from them for over 18 months until recently when they began sending threatening letters.

I again informed them I was awaiting a response to my complaint.

They told me this had been closed.

They promised to re-open this and once again review.

I waited 6 weeks with no response at which point the threatening letters started again.

I contacted them via Facebook messenger and was promised the matter would be escalated.

Whilst all this is going on they have now generated a new bill for £97 from 17 months ago which they say I also owe.

I have also disputed this as they were not my provider at the time (I have already paid British gas for energy for that period) besides, I was of the view that they cannot generate bills for energy used over 12 months ago. Is this correct?

To date I have received no call from the complaints team.

I have expressed to them via Facebook messenger that this can only be resolved if they take a pro-active approach and stop sending automatically generated letters.

I just cant get them to speak with me to resolve the issue!

They instead go silent for long periods before re-commencing with the threatening letters.

What else can I do to resolve this?

Thanks in advance.

I would start off by sending them an SAR so that you get full disclosure of all the information that they have on you.

From that, you might be able to start piecing together the entire story. Also, read our customer services guide and if you end up speaking to them on the telephone then make sure that you have implemented the advice we have given you there.

Presumably you have got evidence of your payments to British Gas for the relevant period. If you feel that there is any other information which you are lacking and which maybe British gas have then you need to think about selling them an SAR as well so that you have a complete file.

Come back here when you get the disclosures and you are able to get an overview of the entire situation

hope they've not trashed your credit file too?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Whilst all this is going on they have now generated a new bill for £97 from 17 months ago which they say I also owe.

I was of the view that they cannot generate bills for energy used over 12 months ago. Is this correct?

Yes that is correct.

You can now escalate your complaint to the energy ombudsman, SP had 8 weeks in which to rectify your complaint, they failed to do so, and are simply treating you like a small child thinking they can get away with it.

Complain to the EO today https://www.ombudsman-services.org/energy.html?gclid=CKSm2aC-o9ECFcOVGwod620JuQ#

And if SP contact you again, simply tell them that the EO is looking into your complaint because they failed to do so.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!