Avis Car Hire - Dublin

DreamX
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2730 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there guys,

I booked a hire car through a 3rd party (indigo car hire) They used AVIS for the rental at Dublin airport and we agreed on taking out the extra CDW insurance meaning I didn't have to pay any excess or deposit. I was arriving at the airport on the last flight and the AVIS desk was closing at 11:30. I had to rush to make it there on time...I handed them my printed info from indigo car hire and she asked if I was taking out the CDW to which I replied "yes" She asked me to sign in 3 places...I made the payment and we had the key and we were on our way.

On my return to the UK I checked my bank and I noticed the amount they had taken on my card was more than my original agreement. I queried this with AVIS and they stated that "personal accident insurance" and "windscreen insurance" had been added. I explained that I had not asked for this to be added and the person at the airport certainly didn't ask me if I wanted it added. AVIS stated...it doesn't matter...you signed the form so you have automatically agreed to it. And also...you cannot dispute a transaction once you have left the airport.

Is there anything at all I can do? Do I have a leg to stand on? This was the first time I have ever rented a car and it has really put me off!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a bunch!

you can tell you bank to stop the payment and explain that the amount should be for £xx instead. They wont be happy but ultimately they are obliged to deal with it as an unauthorised transaction as th amoutis different to the agreed amount

Thanks for the reply....When you say stop the payment, do you mean make a partial chargeback???

Regards