Lowell Solicitors & j d Williams catalogue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2161 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

get reclaiming!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I haven't paid any dx

its just the amount that's escalated,

in that they are saying the debt is higher as the admin charges/penalties have been added,

so therefore they should reduce it .

....hence always check? ..

.I think I am finally getting it lol

dont matter if you've not PAID the charges

you can still get ALL PENALTY charges + the interest they have carried take OFF the balance

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes that's what I meant to say dx...get the extra charges taken off, now I see why you were telling me to get it all checked.

fill this in for any PENALTY charges at the OC's int rate from the statements.

FosCISheet v101.xls

and they

as per advice from dx earlier in this thread,

I have been sorting out and through various letters from various different dca,

and it seems the 3 that Lowell now have were with others previously,

seems they have done the rounds and ended up on the desk of Lowell.

I have never actually read any of them properly until now, and some really are worded to intimidate,

telling me I have put myself in this position, and its my fault they are chasing me.

This would have frightened me before but not now. Will be checking all the amounts and all the details, keeping a file, and deciding what to do, again after great advice from dx.

at the start of this thread when I was ignorant of the hidden charges likely to be on my debts and wanting to set up D/D with Lowell (thankfully I didn't, due to dx having patience with me and getting through to me) I had emailed them re setting up D/D, as they were aware of my email address when I stupidly spoke to them on phone, I assumed they would cross ref and reply with an arrangement, this morning I have received their reply asking for name address account number etc etc in order for them to help, am now ignoring this. CCA requests for everything and nothing doing until those arrive.

thats great

its all we want to do

dx

and they

the CCA request with postal order went recorded delivery and I have receipts, posted on 8th (last Thursday) checked online and its saying "in the system for delivery", that's ok I can keep an eye to see when its delivered and signed for, cant see anywhere on there to check if a postal order has been cashed? I know it wont have been yet anyway if the letter not received but would like to know if I can check this if needed and how?

You can just take the postal order receipt to a post office and ask them if it has been cashed. Give them the CCA standard time to reply.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Well according to the Royal Mail tracking service, the letter was delivered and signed for on the 15th, so took a week to get there but its there. so 12 plus 2 working days from the 15th? and I should have the CCA or not.

Letter from Lowell today..........

Thankyou for contacting us about your credit agreement. we have asked your original lender for a copy together with statements.

we will do our very best to send you the information you asked for within 12 working days, but this does depend on when the original lender can send it. we will let you know if we do not hear from them.

in the meantime ring ..............

previous letter from them states debt bought in dec 2012 from jdw who had checked records and knew no reason why it shouldn't be paid.

They have 12+2 days. Not as long as they want.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

the cca request was signed for on 15th at 8.00am....so 12 working days would be march 4th. I was expecting it to be in the envelope, seems a bit odd to say it depends on when jdw can send it. but that's my simple logic, will see what happens..thanks for your reply, my nerves went and legs wobbled just seeing the envelope lol

If they havent replied within the 12+2 limit, send them http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?436-Failiure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale Make sure to edit it to suit your issue.

seems lowells like writing letters........another arrived today, saying the same as the last one....will try to send cca but depends on when jdw can send it...but please ring ......blah blah blah........

Ignore and send the letter i advised. They have 12+2 days to supply the info. Not whatever time they decide they want.

yeh I will do that...they must like wasting their time and paper sending these out when they know fine well there is no point sending these letters at all, unless they expect me to ring and pay anyway. waiting til 6th march as time is up then ...14 working days since they received cca request.

those are normally form letters. They hope you are ignorwnt of regulation so they can bluff you into believing it is enforceable when it isnt... Yet.

yes its all very polite and doing the "best we can but it depends on when jdw can send it"........but if I have any more questions please ring as they are here to help me. yeh right.....help me pay what is owed plus charges which aren't, and bluff it all in a phone call. I will happily pay what is genuinely owed at an affordable rate no d/d obviously, but am not paying charges and being duped. thanks to CAG I am better informed and empowered now.