Lowell Solicitors & j d Williams catalogue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2165 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

NO!!

you put in a reclaim for them PLUS the interest they have cost you.

ok

can i suggest you start a thread for this lowell debt in the mail order forum.

better we split them off as you'll get confused otherwise.

but CCA is the first action to do!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good, well done, they have 12+2 'working' days to send you the agreements, so hang tight until then, ignore any phone calls or letters they might send begging for money in the meantime.

All they should send you is acknowledgement they have received your request.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

not got a card?

its only used for validation.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i cant do that dx

as when I tried with one they said I had already had the free 30 days before (cant remember but must have)

and the other said I already had an account in the past and couldn't verify my details,

probably an old email address which I no longer have.

Easier and quicker for now to just do the £2 and go from there.

I find it all a lot to take in so will just do this for now and then once its all digested in my little brain lol I will probably sort all that out with the CRA's.

as a side note, download your CRA files (some you might need to choose print then instead of choosing your printer change the option to PDF so you can save it on your hard drive)

you can then go through every detail on your CRA file and tidy it up too. Any typo's on addresses, any companies you don't recognise etc. Dispute them and get any wrong information corrected or removed. Say if you do a credit check and there is wrong postcode under an address you are using on an application for credit, it might harm your score if you put the correct postcode on the application when the one stored might be incorrect. etc etc

If i help feel free to click star on my post. cheers

worth doing

I had TWELVE typos on my experian file - some stupid ones, as an example cillage instead of village - which an automated credit check wouldnt pick up and probably decline you on an application.

also I had some companies there which I didnt recognise and got those removed.

also check for any defaults - you will see date placed if any there and then will know when any expire (6 years from placement)

I wont be likely to be wanting credit as cannot see my personal finance situation improving much due to life long illnesses,

one of which shows signs of getting worse rather than better despite meds etc.

However that's not say that any errors on file shouldn't be corrected so I will indeed do as you suggest.

It would still be nice to have it all in order whatever the situation.

yes indeed - my credit rating has been battered since 2005.

I got a luma card just to build score up - seems to be working as i use it only a little bit and pay it off every month. now my bank have given me an overdraft - so it has seemed to work as they have always declined it before that.

nice to have it all in order as you say

just wondering what Lowell will do re the CCA request, as in the added extra charges for admin and late or non payment charges.

I am almost sure now that the debt which I have sent this first CCA about was originally for £200, and has grown to £293 plus a few pence.

I think these charges were added by jd Williams though and not Lowell,

I certainly will not be setting up any D/D payments and am wondering how I should pay the debt off if and when the amount is verified and the CCA all in order.

Most of the other few, not many and not for much, am not so concerned about as they are in my name only,

but this one concerns my son also and his credit report situation,

so I will get it sorted out for that reason. Mine can wait.

its only just gone BRIGADIER, so I know I have to wait for them to sort it out, I was just trying to guess what the likely outcome could be....and getting plans A and B in my head....its just my anxiety, if I have a plan I can control it better.

its only just gone BRIGADIER, so I know I have to wait for them to sort it out, I was just trying to guess what the likely outcome could be....and getting plans A and B in my head....its just my anxiety, if I have a plan I can control it better.

It's one of the ''thing'' that are hard to speculate on, it's a wait and see I'm afaid.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

RT

it will prob be your CRA file is now clear

as the debts have dropped off

this is why its SO important to check

every debt you THINK you have is on there.

if it is NOT

them you need to do some SERIOUS investigation before ever paying anything off them.

dx

and they

well its on noddle report as owed to Lowell, sold to them by jdw, so its not going to disappear, but at least if I can verify the amount and sort out the admin charges its better than before

Is the default date accurate? It has been known for DCAs to substitute the date they aquired an account for the original default date.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

cant check this one as its on sons account,

but the one I can check on mine is dated 2009 which is correct, it says default amount £180.

but shows on main page as owed to Lowell amount £204,

was with jdw then sold to Lowell.

I haven't sent a CCA for this one as am more worried about the one in sons name for items for me,

he willingly took it on with the plan being for me to pay him,

as I wrote b4 so wont ramble,

I was ill, he moved out and it got somehow forgotten in the life events which took over our family,

we had a dreadful year and it only came to light again recently.

So not to confuse, the CCA has gone off for one in sons name,

my own ones am waiting to deal with as want to settle sons one first.

Looks like on my one for Lowell that £24 has been added which would add up to two £12 admin charges by jdw.

there are two for me ...one still listed as jdw and the default amount is over £100 less than the amount its on as owing. will sort sons first then look at that. theyre all 2008/9. The admin charges are scary how much they escalate the debt.