Lowell Solicitors & j d Williams catalogue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2188 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My son has put my old cam up again which was in the hallway with a full view of front door so if this happens again i will have that..

That'll do.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought you may like to know that it was this low life that sent a person to my door pretending to be a bailiff. Will give anyone who wishes the door steppers name via Private Message if they require it.

Unable to find a link to the thread now though.

Note: This happened before I emigrated.

you could be right there dx......and its likely to be 6yrs old soon, possibly hence the door bashing drama...............will dig out old paperwork as its packed away, odd though that they havent written again, and the guys at the door not left any calling card or letter.....

Because they know there is nothing they can do, silly children are not bailiffs, and have absolutely no powers whatsoever!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 1 year later...

Hi, I have had a letter this morning from Lowell Solictors PO Box 1419, Northampton NN2 1BU

The threat is impending court claim without further notice if an amount is not paid within 14 days or an agreement made for payment plan.

They say they are instructed by Lowell Portfolio.

They list costs and fees in the event of the claim being issued. And warning of bailiffs and attachement of earnings etc.

I have never entertained any communication with Lowell as the dca but this is a solicitor now?

Any advice welcome

Bit of history on the debt please? Lowell solicitors may take legal action, but they also love to threaten and intimidate, even when a debt is bogus or non enforceable. They just want money.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

It simply that their favourite threat-o-solicitor, bryan carter, has now ceased to trade

so they've started their own company of solicitors =- Lowell sols

bottom line Is nothing has changed

read the letter properly doesn't say WILL anything.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi it is a j d Williams catalogue debt from about 2-3 yrs ago.

They are asking for £262 which is not the figure I recall the o/s amount to be,

there were issues with jd Williams and paying and extra admin amounts etc in the end I fell so far behind that nothing got paid as is wasn't seeming to reduce it, then Lowell dca got it.

I think I will have to contact them and sort something out?

they are saying interest of £20.99 plus Estimated court fee £25.00 plus Estimated solicitor fee £50.00 will all be added to this amount if a claim is issued.

Hi dx ...they write 'we are instructed by our client Lowell Porfolio regarding jd Williams account'

'you must contact us or make arrangements to pay within the next 14 days or a claim will be issued without further notice to you. If a claim is issued you will become liable for further court fees solicitors fees and interest'

Those amounts are as I listed on previous post here.

So there is a will and an if in there.

Lowell solicitors will normally issue a claim anyway. It doesnt matter if theres a will or may.

Do you have the statements for the account, have you sent a CCA request to the solicitors to give you breathing space? Chances are its full of penalty charges.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

That is your next step, if you have not done so.

Send Lowell Solicitors a CCA request and that will give you a bit of breathing space while they are dealing with it. They should not really issue a court claim with such a request outstanding.

When did you orginally take out this catalogue account ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Due to the date of the account, they don't need your original signed CCA or a copy of it.

Once your request is dealt with, at some point you will have to negotiate repayment of the debt.

You might want to therefore establish exactly how much is really due, minus any excess charges applied.

If you don't have the information, see if you can get copies of statements from the catalogue company, if necessary using a subject access request. They might send them to you, without having to pay for such a data request.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

what other letters have you had on this one and when did you last pay it?

they are saying they are instructed to do one of 2 things

I can instruct my dog to sit

if it does is another matter.

i''m loathed to enter into any letter tennis with lowells

esp if theres a dispute about £12 admin fees with the OC.

get an sar running to JDW

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well as suggested in post earlier I have contacted jdw direct re statements with the amounts on them so will see if they send them without the need for sar.

When previously asked I got no response and so it was left.

I haven't dealt with Lowell for reason I don't deal with dca's and jdw refused payment and to even discuss this with me once they had put it into the hands of Lowell.

As its also now a solicitor and is stated in a post here that they are likely to proceed I have emailed them too and advised them of this situation and the request to jdw.

At this point no more I can do but wait and see about the charges etc on the account.

Thanks all for the input.

same difference dca..fake/tame solicitor just like carter was

they still have no legal powers and are not bailiffs.

oh well

all you or I can do if we think someone owes us money is to issue a CCJ claim form..

..that's all a DCA/solicitor can do..issue a CCJ.

doesn't mean they have any more powers or clout than you or I.

dx

and they

maybe not dx.

But lowell normally issue a claim regardless of what they said.

apparently statements have now been requested to show the details...so I can at least tackle the extra charges issue hopefully. I have not agreed that I owe this amount but queried an amount I have no knowledge of, hence the statements.

• 1 month later...

well following on from my last post on this

, I was contacted via email direct from jd Williams with an apology for not responding to me originally when I queried the amount etc on statement at that time.

They provided statements as an attachment in the email.

I then replied and pointed out the charges which I considered wrong and they have now emailed back stating they have deducted these charges.

They also say that a payment plan can be arranged interest free, but to contact Lowell in order to do this.

I have replied I will pay what I owe but direct to jd wiliams.

They have chosen to contact me directly and engage in email discussion etc so I cannot see why they cant accept payment direct..

...waiting to see.

They don't own the debt

and they

lowells don't chase debts for clients they are debt buyers.

unless JDW have repurchased the debt.

and they

well Lowell say acting on behalf of the client and advising the client.

..who is jd Williams, who are supplying me direct with statements and discussing the charges etc.

..so I am being led to believe by both of them that they are the creditor and Lowell are acting for them... well will see when they reply.

• 1 month later...

well its truly baffling..

..I haven't paid anything and am at this time re-ignoring them.

The original debt arose from good ordered from jd Williams...

there was a query and an ongoing disagreement between me and them over the billing and admin charges which had been added more than once in a one month period etc.

it ended up with an unpaid balance.

Seems they sold it on then to Lowell who also now have their own solicitors who had decided to pester me for payment.

I was confused as jd Williams knew my issue from back then, or at least they should have,

I did write but hadn't kept copy of the letter.

I emailed jd Williams who then sent me statements via email which I mentioned in my last post here.....

jd Williams actually then in email advised me they had reduced the amount of the debt taking into consideration some of the admin charges.

Then Lowell are writing again...

.baffled if jd Williams sold the debt to Lowell,

how jd Williams can decide then to reduce the amount owed?...

..now Lowell have written and reduced it even further.