5 months late payments (delinquent) recorded within 3 months for same account?

salphy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2809 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi could someone help please?

OH has had one of his accounts changed to delinquent on his credit file which will effect him for 6 years.

The account is for an overdraft on an account he switched. Has been in contact with them the whole time as he has started a new business and been waiting for invoices to be paid. He tried to pay in full over the phone this month but was refused due to the account being closed/frozen. He had to go in branch and pay by cash but could only draw out half from the ATM so this caused more delays to payment.

The payment status on his credit file look like this:

April: £617

24th May: £521 OK

26th June: £521 (2 months late payment)

29th July: £521 (3 months late payment)

August: £521 (5 months late payments - account status: delinquent)

The last update happened in the past week or so (between trying to pay by phone and going in branch to pay by cash) but it is dated for: 04/09/2016.

This is a date in the future and also a date we have made payment before. So how can they assume we will be 2 months late on payments by then and skip to 5 months late payments and a delinquency status?

And how can they go from OK to 2 months late payments within a month?

Is this allowed?

OH called to complain yesterday and was basically told the delinquency is accurate so tough but not to worry because we're way off a default...But this is effecting his credit score just the same as :-/

Thanks

Hi,

I know that this was caused outside of your OH's control but unfortunately it is a true reflection of your OH's financial history.

The Credit Reference Agencies only place on your OH's file what they are told to do so by the Original Creditor.

Your OH can place a Notice of Correction next to the late markers as to why so any future lender would have to read the Notice of Correction and take it into account when accessing any future lending application.

If you need to complain then it needs to be to your OH's Bank/Building Society which held the Overdraft Account.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Hi,

I know that this was caused outside of your OH's control but unfortunately it is a true reflection of your OH's financial history.

The Credit Reference Agencies only place on your OH's file what they are told to do so by the Original Creditor.

Your OH can place a Notice of Correction next to the late markers as to why so any future lender would have to read the Notice of Correction and take it into account when accessing any future lending application.

If you need to complain then it needs to be to your OH's Bank/Building Society which held the Overdraft Account.

Stigman

Thanks, we will do but can they record 2 months late payments for 1 month then jump from 3-5 within 1 month?

Thanks, we will do but can they record 2 months late payments for 1 month then jump from 3-5 within 1 month?

We accept the 3 months late markers. But not the 5 months and delinquent status between June-August (only 3 months)

Have spoke to Experian who have said they can put 5 months late within 3 months as can send updates 6 weeks so 2 months could come under one update.

Have a complaint going through with Santander, an executive manager tried to call me twice yesterday morning and then emailed asking the best time to call to discuss my complaint.

I told him I wanted everything in writing and he hasn't responded since.

I've received a letter today thanking me for making the final payment on my repayment plan. Does this prove we had an agreement to pay in full in place?

As it's an overdraft there was no minimum monthly payment agreement and when I called to ask if it was ok to pay in full in August there was no mention of having to make regular payments.

This would also have been difficult as they couldn't accept card payment because the account was "closed" (but open when it suited them.)

Should I raise this letter with the complaints manager? And should I continue to refuse to speak to him over the phone?