style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2840 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

I bought a security light from an independant online retailer which offered the best price online,

I e-mailed beforehand to check the product was OK and met with great customer service.

Went ahead and purchased the light.

11 months down the line the light failed and because its an LED type unable to replace the bulb.

I felt relieved as it came with a 3 year warrenty.

I e-mailed British General to explain what had happend and for advice

but there was never any response to my e-mails

i rang them and was told that these lights breaking was a common problem and advised to return it back to the online store.

Whenever I contacted the store I never received any reponses to my e-mails or phone calls.

I found the receipt for the website which is no longer working server not found so i can only presume they are no longer trading.

I tried telling this to the manufacturer but no joy,

I just kept being told that I must contact the retailer.

Where do i legally stand because if the manufacturer states in their terms that its guarenteed for 3 years,

most hightstreet stores say you need to contact the manufacturer if it breaks down after the first year.

Can you legally force a manufacturer to honour their agreement?

Short answer is yes you can force them to honour the agreement; but the longer answer is are you willing to? are you will to potentially take this to court or will you just buy another light? do you have the time in your life to see this through or is life just too short?

It is easier to enter a rich man than for a camel to pass a needle

The light cost £50, usually most manufacturers I have dealt with have been very helpful better than the stores but not this one.

Seems strange that they advertise that it is guarenteed for 3 years to attract customers to buy their products but when you try and claim on it they dont want to know.:sad: