Moving away from my Payplan DMP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2653 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sincerely hope that they have NOT rolled those three debts into one?

The overdraft you can reclaim all of their fees and penalty charges under the hardship rules.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Pay via standing order ONLY.

2. If satans bank are still adding interest then drop payments down to £1 a month for the life of the debt.

They clearly have no knowledge of your financial circumstances, so there is a letter in the library that you should send them outlining your proposals for payment, and your financial hardship, and that if they fail to stop interest and charges, then you will pay them £1 a month for the life of the debt.

What is the account? Credit card,current account, over draft?

Hi

If i follow that advice, ie pnly pay £1 per month, can they still feasibly take me to court?

i know youre not a lawyer but i just am not sure how this whole thing works, what they usually can and cant do

and ive asked them for details on how to pay them directly but no replies!

thanks

As for those still charging interest

You need to complain that they did not freeze int when PP were first involved

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

only pay £1 per month, can they still feasibly take me to court?

As long as you're making the minimum ''Legal''payment, then they would be extremely foolish to attempt to bring this before a DJ.

If they are not secured debts then they can be treated, and should be, as 'Non priority' debts, which simply meand that after you have spent all of your income on the essentials, and parties, getting hair & nails done, wining, dining, generally LIVING your life, then, and only then, should you consider handing over you hard earned to these creditors........

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

As long as you're making the minimum ''Legal''payment, then they would be extremely foolish to attempt to bring this before a DJ.

If they are not secured debts then they can be treated, and should be, as 'Non priority' debts, which simply meand that after you have spent all of your income on the essentials, and parties, getting hair & nails done, wining, dining, generally LIVING your life, then, and only then, should you consider handing over you hard earned to these creditors........

thanks a lot !

As for those still charging interest

You need to complain that they did not freeze int when PP were first involved

complaing as we speak, ive told them that if i pay £1 per month i will be approximately 300 years old by the time its paid :-D

Don't show them your hand, just do it, let them get their knickers in a twist themselves.

Do your own I&E, so you can see what's coming in and going out.

Certainly yes!

Demand that they explain why they have been continuing to add interest when it was clear that you were in financial hardship, demand they refund that interest, AND any charges, onto the account, if they fail to do so, you will escalate your complaint to the FOS.

• 6 months later...

Hi

Ive just got a copy of my credit file, and some lenders/debt collectors have marked my default dates around 12-18 months after when they should be.

All my debts were defaulted at the same time so there can only be a matter of couple of months between them.

The thing is a lot of my defaults have dropped off my credit file now as they were 6+ years ago. In another few weeks there will be others dropping off but my file is stained with the 2 that have got the dates wrong and its funny that its probably because ive complained to them and/or because they didnt have the CCA agreement when i requested them.

So my question is: how can i check what these default dates should be? - do i need to do SAR? if so, surely if theyre unscrupulous enough to add a date wrong how can i trust them to provide the correct info on a SAR.

Im waiting for a final response so i can complain to the ICO but if theres anything i can do in the mean time ill do it

thanks

I think you have already answered your own question gweb

" All my debts were defaulted at the same time so there can only be a matter of couple of months between them. "

If thats the case then you can send a notice of correction to the CRAS advising same..they win turn will quirey it with the creditors . once you have your response from the ICO take it from there.

Andy

• Confused 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andy

Is it that simple?? from what ive been reading it can take many months to be sorted, and the creditors dont seem very honest in the 1st place so surely they wouldnt just tell the CRAS the correct date without being forced?

thanks

Hi Andy

Is it that simple?? from what ive been reading it can take many months to be sorted, and the creditors dont seem very honest in the 1st place so surely they wouldnt just tell the CRAS the correct date without being forced?

thanks

They would have to if you could provide proof of the default .

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Bet you wish you had now...and retained all the paperwork to your financial arrangements....thats why Banks and Credit cards retain yours for 6+:wink:

Just to clarify one thing- if a creditor sells a defaulted debt on, the new owner can add a new default surely? No he can only change the name and update the information until it reaches its 6th Anniversary....cant change the initial default date

ie there can only be 1 default whoever owns it for each debt? Sometimes it can be listed by both...but its irrelevant as its the same debt...so makes no odds if its on there 7 times.

thanks

Andy