xbox one system update trashes console

newdad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hopefully someone can advice....I have an xbox oone console with a just expired warranty. A forced system update has failed and I've been left with a bricked console thst is stuck in a continuous update failed loop....I have spoken for hours with microsoft xbox support and followed all their troubleshooting guides but to no effect

They have informed me that they can repair it but I am responsible for the cost of repair but surely as it's a fault caused by their firmway update, they are responsible?....any advice will be greatly appreciated

I can fix this, all I need is some duct tape and a hammer, seriously though if the failure is down to an update problem then mickeysoft will be aware of the problem and provide a fix at some point, if it is just you experiencing the problem then it more than likely a problem with your console, if your feeling adventurous then this might help.

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/console/offline-system-update-diagnostic-tool