Help with Concentrix childcare charges check

seepalus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2887 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there.

I may have got myself in a muddle.

I claim £41/week for my child's care costs

but in reality, the charges have gone up significantly.

I haven't increased the claim as I have had help from my family and have managed, and most importantly, trying to get through my BA studies, single-parenting and a self-employed job, didn't leave me time to even think about a phone call or filling in new forms. So I left it.

Now, I have a check, wanting me to provide 'any invoices/receipts/bank statements showing actual childcare providers from 6 April 2015 to 5 April 2016'.

I have receipts for the amount of £1231.5 for the year. (£23.7/week - instead of £41/week, which I claimed)

And, to mess things up further, my family paid £5862.18 for the year (£112.7/wk - which I didn't tell them about as I got help from my family for it).

So I have actually paid heaps more for childcare than what I claimed for... I don't really know how to proceed. I think I've messed it right up...

Any clues on how to resolve this would be hugely appreciated...

I think all you can do is to be totally honest and explain as clearly and simply as possible what has happened - you can do this in writing.

I will alert Site team for you for further advice.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Agree with CitizenB - your best plan would be to write to them (you can call them if you prefer, but I'd recommend writing because you can set things out more clearly and look over what you've written a couple of times to make sure that you've explained everything clearly and correctly) and let them know what's happened.

From my reading of your post, you're saying that although you have receipts for £23.70 per week, you've actually received more like £41 per week in CTC payments for childcare, is that correct? However, your actual childcare costs were higher and the receipts you have don't represent the full amount since family members paid some of the costs on your behalf. I'm afraid I don't really know much about Tax Credits, but just wanted to make sure that we're understanding the situation correctly.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.