Account removal from credit file when they can't prove the debt?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2806 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is it possible to get a account from your credit file removed if a company is unable to prove the debt?

I sent a CCA request

they said they don't have it and can't supply it,

it's only a year until it comes off so can wait it out but would like to get it removed if I can

I have said it's not my debt after seeing this on my credit file (it's 5 years old)

and went forward with asking them to get proof and they openly said they can't?

Would I just file a dispute with the CRA? Or is it just a waste of time

Can you prove its not your debt?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Can you prove its not your debt?

Well I wouldn't even know how to do that,

I asked the DCA for the agreement as I didn't believe it was my debt,

the debt is over 5 years old and I haven't received any mail in regards to this debt,

it wasnt until I checked my credit file I saw the debt

and started to get in touch with the DCA who have brought the debt

What debt is it...who was the original creditor ...do you not recall any debt or recognise the account number ?

Only if you can categorically convince the CRAs its not your debt is there any chance of its removal.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 months later...

The debt is over 5 years old which means it will drop off your file early next year. It is already September. By contacting the debt collector and giving them your information so they can ' find your file ', you may have re-entered a new contract of admitting the debt to them.

As they have admitted that they cannot prove the debt is yours ( and none of them can, by the way ) they really have no business filing false, unproven reports on your credit file.

If this really bugs you, write to the Information Commissioner who will tell them to remove the offending file. But considering the time frame, I would simply ignore it now. If the debt had another 4 years to run, then by all means go to the ICO.