Cinema parking. UKPC - Debt Recovery Plus Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2871 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

This year I have got a parking ticket when I came to see a movie.

Apparently the car park just in front of cinema doors belongs to another Bingo company and is controlled with UKPC.

I didnt even noticed small signs saying its the car park just for Bingo registered users only

and after the movie found a NTD. It was issued 9-4-2016 with 100£ fine.

Back home I went through the forums and threads looking for information and noticed that the best thing is just ignore it.

in 10-05-2016 I received NTK from UKPC reminding me their fees which I also ignored.

After 15 days another letter came up with Final reminder to pay and that I burn in hell.

There was a paragraph sounding like this:

"Your vehicle was in breach of the terms and conditions of parking which were clearly

and prominently displayed and agreed by the driver when your vehicle was parked on private land.

Despite issuing Parking Charge and writing to you previously we (UK Parking Control) have not received payment

. If, after a period of 14 days, (beginning with the day after this notice is given)

the amount requested in this notice has not been paid in full the charge will be passed to debt recovery.

If necessary, County Court proceedings will be commenced against you for the amount outstanding,

interest and court costs.

If the Court orders Judgment against you and payment of that Judgment is not made this may affect your ability to borrow money or obtain credit in the future.

A warrant may also be issued by the Court's appointed bailiff to recover the payment.

At this point you would also become liable for the additional fees of the bailiff."

I ignored that too.

On 10-06-2016 I have received letter from DRP (Debt Recovery Plus Ltd) which sounds like this:

"Demand for payment of an unpaid parking charge £160.00

Our client has written to you recently about the unpaid parking charge detailed above.

As they have not received payment, they have referred the matter to us for collection.

Supreme Court of the United Kingdom - landmark court decision

On 4th November 2015 a landmark judgment was handed down in favour of a parking operator

who took a motorist to court for non payment of a typical parking charge.

This case was seen as an important 'test case' due to the complex legal arguments used by both sides.

The ruling sets a legally binding precedent on all similar cases for the whole United Kingdom.

You now need to pay the amount due of £160. Please make sure that your payment reaches us no later than 20/06/2016. You can pay online.. waffle waffle...

What if you don't pay what you owe

If yo uare liable for thios charge and do not pay the full amount by 24/06/2016

or if you not agreed a payment option with us by then,

we will recommend to the creditor that court action should be taken to recover what you owe."

Now I am not sure shoud I continue ignoring or do something as all the forum threads

I read was written in 2014 and not sure about the law changes..

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Dont worry about UKPC. They always mess up. ALWAYS. Stay calm and the regulars will be around when they can.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

DR+ have no interest in the matter and can say anything they like

but it wont have any bearing on the world we live in.

Tell us where this relates to and we can then have a look at the google streetview and offer an opinion.

UKPC has a great many signs that arent contracts at all so in this context are meaningless.

Croydon Valley retail park is a prime example.

Beavis isnt relevant to this but they like to say it is a licence to print money and some people believe them.

As I am a new registered member in the forum I cannot post web links yet..

They are located at 129 Pier Ave, Clacton-on-Sea CO15 1NJ and the small triangle shaped car park in front of the cinema which belongs to Gala Bingo apparently.

Can DR take further action and forwarding to creditors if i keep ignoring them?

dr+ are a powerless DCA

they can do nothing

a dca IS NOT A BAILIFF.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

having googled the entrance to the car park

it says "Gala members only" and see notices in car park for conditions.

Are you a Gala Member?

If so the rest of the signage doesnt apply to you

and if you are not a Gala manber then you are a trespasser and the signs dont apply to you either.

The sign itself doesnt offer a contract even if the wording wasnt gibberish

it would be only an "invitation to treat" with all the legal force of a "sale now on" sign.

That wouldnt compel you to actually buy anything,

just give you a heads up that there migh be something to consider if you wanted to.

UKPC are very stupid when it comes to their signs,

I dont think I have seen one that actually creates a contract.

If they employed someone who had a GCSE in English or Law to write them they wouldnt be so many problems.

It is very basic stuff and it is the business they are in.

I am not a Gala member.

It actually confused me when I arrived and rushed to the cinema.

It is the same building with big Gala sign across it and I though cinema belongs to same company.

There is no really obvious signs and I thought that its surely allowed to park there

if im having cinema ticket

(like in Odeon cinemas you can have free parking if you provide movie ticket at the end of the session).

Some forum threads advices to send one refusal letter denying the request to pay

and give a reason(s) and not to get engaged in any more communication.

Also I found an option that send a letter back stating that there is no proof that I was a driver at the time

, but I think laws changed to their favour and this trick might not work. Or just sit and do nothing..

then you are a trespasser and the signage doent apply to you and no contract can be formed.

The landowner may sue you for the damage your car did to their car park (none-it is designed to aprk cars on)

or take out an injunction to stop you from doing it again (£8k+ for a mistake? I think not)

but UKPC can legally do nothing.

they are thick and greedy so they will want to do something.

it is unlikely that their NTK was compliant with the POFA so no keeper liability anyway.

Wait for them to make the next step and then come back here

and tell us what you have received and we will suggest a response.

• 1 month later...

I just received another letter stating the following:

Reduced payment offer of £136.00 to avoid potential court proceedings.

We refer your letter dated 27/06/2016.

As we did not receive payment from you,

we referred your case to the creditor with recomendation that they appoint their solicitor to commence court proceedins against you.

In order to comply with 'pre-action protocol' and to demonstrate to the court their attempts to settle this matter before the need for court proceedings, our client is prepared to accept a reduced payment of £136.00 in full and final settlement.

This is our client's final offer to settle the case.

If you are liable for this charge and do not pay the reduced amount by 25/07/2016,

or if you have not agreed a payment option with us by then,

the amount due will go back to the full amount of £160.00

and the matter will be referred back to the creditor to consider commencing court proceedings.

Is this another theirt attempt to milk the money or I should write some letter back?

Thank you guys for any response.

who says the creditor will actually do anything of the sort

ignore

they can recommend what they like on a debt that doesn't exit

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

eric was spot on with his post. They cannot do anything and if they even consider trying, theyre guaranteed to lose.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D