Falsely accused of damaging hired equipment HSS HIRE

wiosna30
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please help !!!

I hired NIFTYLIFT ACCESS PLATFORM for a couple of hours on the 25th of May and on the 1st of June I have a email that returned machine is broken and they asking me to pay over 1,000 as a cost repair. Its a nonsense!!

Equipment has been collected from site by the driver from hss and was on the same condition as taken. The Driver/ collection person didn't say anything that is something wrong and didn't give me as well any paper work to signed stating faults or damages, I didn't get anything, now they want me to pay . Please let me have a template letter as I dont know how to respond - I am shocked !!!!

Please help:mad2:

I doubt there is a template letter for this

Your best bet may be to make a formal complaint to there head office

Stating that the equipment have been returned in the same condition as you received it

Equipment break down and maintenance is down to them

Do not pay them the only way they could claim this would be a court claim

That you could defend anyway

Just because that have written to you does not mean that there is anything to pay

I would say that any defect is put down to business expense/maintenance costs that would go against there tax anyway!

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

machine broken? I note that it doesnt say wilfully damaged or neglectfully damaged. Basically they are trying it on. For sake of argument you can say the driver accepted it as fully working when he collected so nothing to do with you guv.

WHat did they say is broken. because it would still need to work for the driver to get it on the truck

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D