£600 Dinning table broke after two years

tlogic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2926 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

Back in June 2014 I purchased a table & Chairs set of ebay from Furniture Choice uk for £600. On Saturday when I was extending the dining table for the second time in two years, the tension wire snapped. This is causing the table to pretty much slide back and forth freely. I contacted Furniture Choice uk for some advice and they pretty much said to me they can't do anything for me as it's past the 12 month warranty period. Surely this can't be right. Is there anything I can go back to them with because I would of thought a £600 table should last longer then 23 months.. :|

Any advice much appreciated.

Link to the table I bought is below.

h****P://w$£.furniturechoice.co.uk/Dining-Room-Furniture/Dining-Tables/Extending-Dining-Tables/Tokyo-White-High-Gloss-Extending-Dining-Table_250107.htm

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi.

Back in June 2014 I purchased a table & Chairs set of ebay from Furniture Choice uk for £600. On Saturday when I was extending the dining table for the second time in two years, the tension wire snapped. This is causing the table to pretty much slide back and forth freely. I contacted Furniture Choice uk for some advice and they pretty much said to me they can't do anything for me as it's past the 12 month warranty period. Surely this can't be right. Is there anything I can go back to them with because I would of thought a £600 table should last longer then 23 months.. :|

Any advice much appreciated.

Link to the table I bought is below.

h****P://w$£.furniturechoice.co.uk/Dining-Room-Furniture/Dining-Tables/Extending-Dining-Tables/Tokyo-White-High-Gloss-Extending-Dining-Table_250107.htm

How did you pay?

Hi,

Yep thats the link but link is without chairs, mine came with matching chairs which pushed the price up to about £600. The item was paid via paypal so not sure what protection I have on this. :???: