20 year debt subject of DEA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2929 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Came to work a few days ago and my boss pulls me to one side and shows me a direct attachment of earnings she has received from DWP for £1750.

This is the first i knew about it as they had apparently written to me at an address I left in November 2014, I have had this job since April 2015 so if they can find out where I work they can find out where I live due to real time.

Called the number on the letter which got answered by the most obnoxious nasty women to have ever walked the planet telling my I had apparently made a claim for incapacity benefit from 1997! I asked if she was having a laugh as its 19 years old and she proceeded to me it was no laughing matter and couldnt see why I would find it funny. That was the most polite she was during the whole conversation.

I asked why the letters had been sent out to an old address this is my fault as I didnt notify them I had moved?? How is this my fault when I have no knowledge of a debt from 20 years ago who would I notify exactly?

To top off the conversation the women told me I had been interviewed under caution as this was a fraudalent claim - I think this would be something I would remember.

If I owed this money I would pay it. Quoted statutue barred apparently for DWP it doesnt count and have asked for copies of all the evidence they have which I have been told can take up to four weeks to send to me, in the mean time they are claiming 11% of my wages. Other than the letter my boss has received I have had nothing regarding this so called debt in 20 years. Is there anything I can do would be grateful for any ideas, thanks.

First off, unless you can record the phone calls, use letters or email so you have a record.

There isn't much you can do just now except wait for the paperwork to come through. I wouldn't give them more than five working days to do that. Also, ask your boss for a copy of the attachment of earnings order and keep it along with your payslips.

If this turns out in your favour, you will be able to claim back the payments adding 8% statutory interest to what they have taken.

get an sar running to them its free,

they need to prove you owe the money.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...