£70 fine for pavement parking nationwide

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2936 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Drivers could be banned from parking on pavements across the country under new Government plans

The ban has already been in place in London for the past 40 years, where motorists are barred from pavement parking unless expressly permitted by the local authority

But ministers are now considering rolling it out across the country with potential fines of up to £70 for those who fall foul of the measures.

The Department for Transport is considering overhauling the rules to bring the rest of the country in line with the capital.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/18/drivers-face-pavement-parking-ban/

And about time too!

As a pedestrian I am sick and tired of having to wade through thick mud or risk life and limb walking into a busy roadway because some Oik has completely blocked a paved footway. I do not have an issue if enough space has been left for me to walk safely by without risking life and limb.

I feel sorry for the mothers taking children to school or trying to push a pram or pushchair along plus any disabled wheelchair users who wish to use the footways in my area as at present it is almost impossible to do so without running an obstacle course!