Second hand car, clocked mileage

t18con
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2949 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

apologies if this is long-winded.

Basically I have a hunch my vehicle has clocked mileage, there are some tell-tale signs like the wear on steering wheel.

the vehicle came from Southern Ireland, so would possibly have had KM clocks, but now has mileage clocks and is in the UK, the UK MOT certificates show corresponding mileage to what the vehicle now has.

I don't know if the vehicle came to the UK privately, or with a dealer of some form importing the vehicle/first MOTing vehicle.

the vehicle was written off in the UK and I bought as a damaged repairable from a salvage site, which did have a disclaimer relating to mileage, the owner at that time would probably have been the insurance company. I have driven the vehicle for 18 months, and obviously spent money fixing the vehicle, so do NOT want a full refund or anything.

Is it worth checking the vehicles computer for mileage history, etc. I haven't bothered to date, as I didn't think I had any course for claiming.

Many thanks.