housing association suspended possession order - can it be removed?

helal6606
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2956 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Advise please.

I had rent arrears of £8500.00 to the housing association which they have managed to get a suspended order against the flat.

I have fully complied with the court order and paid the arrears over the past 3 years

and the account has been in order for the past 5 months.

Is the court suspended order still in place and effective even

though the arrears has been paid, and

if so what are the steps to remove.

Thank you

Stays in place for the life of the tenancy...to ensure future payments are met and if any further default the LL will rely on the existing SPO and apply for a Warrant of Possession.

It cant be removed.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

Is this kind of a joke, so I will le fo live with a court order for the rest of my life.

No not the rest of your life, but for the duration of your tenancy with the HA.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

GEMHL Settled

Barclaycard Settled

A & L SETTLED IN FULL :lol:

Spml Reluctantly withdrawn

Blackhorse pre 31-7-06 Demand removal sent 23 8 06. ICO ordered removal jan 2007....REMOVED:lol:

Once the arrears have been cleared and you have a period continuous payment (usually 12 months), you could apply to the court to have the suspended order lifted. However, the landlord could object and ask for an even longer period of continuous payment.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.