3 store network mobile faulty iphone

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2983 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,

Has anyone confronted with the situation like I have an iphone with contract from 3 and now phone not working, went to apple genius bar and they confirmed that phone unrepairable and needs a replacement , went to 3 store and got info that in that case i need to purchase a new apple phone from apple store, send to them authorisation paperworks from genius bar and receipt and then they will refund that money amount back to me.

So maybe someone has any experience with this? Anyone got a refund ?

I need a phone , and 3 customer service says this is the only option , but it is quite big amount of money and i'm afraid that they won't refund me ? ........

hi,

Has anyone confronted with the situation like I have an iphone with contract from 3 and now phone not working, went to apple genius bar and they confirmed that phone unrepairable and needs a replacement , went to 3 store and got info that in that case i need to purchase a new apple phone from apple store, send to them authorisation paperworks from genius bar and receipt and then they will refund that money amount back to me.

So maybe someone has any experience with this? Anyone got a refund ?

I need a phone , and 3 customer service says this is the only option , but it is quite big amount of money and i'm afraid that they won't refund me ? ........

Seems very poor to me. Were they ("3") willing to commit to this in writing?.

How old is the 'phone?.

Seems very poor to me. Were they ("3") willing to commit to this in writing?.

How old is the 'phone?.

Phone is 14mnths old, it is OOW of Apple, but 3 covers for 24 mnths

Phone is 14mnths old, it is OOW of Apple, but 3 covers for 24 mnths

Yes and no.

Apple will cover for 1 year as the manufacturer, (longer if you have AppleCare)

3 may say they offer a 2 year warranty, but the Sale of Goods Act (as amended) may give you rights for even longer.

http://www.apple.com/uk/legal/statutory-warranty/

has a reasonable summary.

If it is a fault inherent from time of manufacture, you are covered, but I'd still want to have it in 3 in writing that they will refund you as they are telling you to go and get a new phone from Apple.

Otherwise you may find you fork out, and all of a sudden '3' decide it was user damage and not a warranty fault after all ......

Yes, that's what I'm worried about... My handset is in mint condition tho... And genius bar confirmed that it is manufacture fault as motherboard has 'dead'. and i've got written confirmation from them . so according to 3 I have just get another phone from apple store , send the authorisation paperwork which i got from genius bar, and if 3 confirms that - i'll get refund. But still there is no guaranty that I'll get it..