Vodafone misold broadband and won't let me cancel

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2986 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Since September 2015 I have taken up a mobile phone contract with Vodafone.

Since taking this up I received a phone call in October offering me Broadband. I told the advisor I cannot take this as the property I live in is my partners and he already has broadband set up. They then asked if they could email me information which I advised would be fine but I am not accepting the broadband. Within a week I received a card through the post advising I have a parcel to pick up.

Curious to this I went to collect this parcel to find out it was a router Vodafone had sent me. They then sent me an email stating this would be activated and I would be charged for my first months broadband. I have persistently called Vodafone most calls I have screenshots where I have been on the phone for 30minutes upto 1hour 30 minutes long and have gotten nowhere with this situation being resolved.

Then my partner called me to advise his broadband had been cut off because we were set up with Vodafone which we have not agreed to. I then called in December 2015 again at my wits end advising I wanted refunding and I wanted them to collect this router. They promised this would be done however I still have the router at home no sign of collection package which I was advised would be sent and still had no refund from Vodafone.

The same incident has occurred with Spotify. In my contract it states that I will have Spotify included in my package so I would not get charged. I followed the steps to follow to set this up however I was charged every month £10.99 when calling in December 2015 I was advised I would have to start this again in January after the 26Th which I advised I would be happy to do as long as I was refunded the charge which again I was advised would happen and did not.

I have tried to go into my local shop where the agent in the shop told me they wouldn’t be able to deal with this as I had to speak directly to them so I would have to keep calling. I am getting nowhere with this and being a severe sufferer of depression and anxiety I just want this to be sorted and the stress to end. Please, Please can you help or advise the best action to take?

I also have logs of calls made and how long I was on the phone for. I have since visited the local store on 22/02/16 and was there for nearly an hour while a member of staff called there customer service line and again was promised that a collection bag would be sent and I will be refunded what I have been charged.

Since October they have been charging me nearly £30 a month and they continue to charge me no collection bag has been sent and I feel I am getting nowhere and do not know where to turn to. Please please Help !! I want my money back and compensating for the stress and how long this has been going on for

Edited by silverfox1961
added spacing

Hi and welcome to CAG. Sorry your first post was missed.

This is indeed a sorry state for you but I'm afraid this is normal for Vodafone. I know you have had a lot to deal with on this matter but at any time has it been acknowledged that your issue is a formal complaint?

I think not as this has been going on for so long and if you had made a formal complaint, they should have either resolved the issue, issued a deadlock letter or you would have been able to take this to the Telecoms Ombudsman.

The problem with Vodafone is that if you don't raise an issue as a formal complaint, they won't treat it as such and just try (and fail) to deal with it.

The VF rep is aware of this thread as they have responded on Twitter but we are yet to see any action on this thread. He/she may (or may not) turn up to assist. Your guess will be as good as mine.

What I do suggest is that you lay everything out in a letter with bullet points as to where VF have gone wrong. Be factual and not emotional and state what you expect them to do to put things right.

What I cannot advise you to do is cancel the Direct Debit. Vodafone will screw your credit file if you miss payments so make sure they continue to be paid unless you get something in writing to say otherwise.

Send your letter by Royal Mail signed for delivery so that you have a receipt that they have received it. The 8 week period for them to resolves this starts the day after receipt.

Also, ensure your letter is headed Formal Complaint just to make sure they understand what it is they are reading.

I was going to say don't use words of two or more syllables but I thought, there must be some people at VF that have more than two brain cells to rub together.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi bloombell3,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience here.

So I can access your account to see what's happened, email me via the Contact us form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote 'CAG Forum'.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this so I can make sure I've got it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK